My wife rocks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMattTrain

Reaction score
I just have to brag for a minute.

I'm 29. My wife and I have been married for four and a half years. We have a beautiful little six month old daughter. I started brewing a year ago, long after we found out my wife was pregnant. She's been super supportive of my hobby. She let me build a 3 tap kegerator in the basement. She lets me accumulate tons of brewing stuff. She looks after the baby whenever I brew and as long as we don't have other plans, she's fine with me sitting in the driveway drinking all day.

This Saturday, I'm doing a double brew day (Mosaic SMaSH and Roggenbier), hosting friends and helping a new brewer do his first ever batch. I'm pretty much off the hook for any chores/responsibilities I've got for the entire day.

SHE FREAKIN ROCKS!

Cheers!

:mug:

I just have to brag for a minute.

I'm 29. My wife and I have been married for four and a half years. We have a beautiful little six month old daughter. I started brewing a year ago, long after we found out my wife was pregnant. She's been super supportive of my hobby. She let me build a 3 tap kegerator in the basement. She lets me accumulate tons of brewing stuff. She looks after the baby whenever I brew and as long as we don't have other plans, she's fine with me sitting in the driveway drinking all day.

This Saturday, I'm doing a double brew day (Mosaic SMaSH and Roggenbier), hosting friends and helping a new brewer do his first ever batch. I'm pretty much off the hook for any chores/responsibilities I've got for the entire day.

SHE FREAKIN ROCKS!

Cheers!

:mug:

Party on dude!:rockin:

She "lets" you do those things?

Funny, ive never asked my fiance's permission. Never needed to.

Most fiancées don't need to be asked for permission. If you have to get permission from your fiancée, at least you're not being set up for the usual bait 'n switch. :p

Brew on :mug:

Asking permission is out of respect here. With two kids, a shared income, and limited time, I will determine a brew date with my wife first, so plans can be made in advance and ingredients can be bought out of the budget. It would be disrespectful of me to assume she would watch the kids during a brew day. I also choose to brew after the kids go to bed, so that I can get a bedtime routine finished with the kids. I get more brew days this way.

Congrats on the little one, the double brew day with buddies, mentoring a new Brewer, and scoring a great gal. Good on you OP!

Asking permission is out of respect here. With two kids, a shared income, and limited time, I will determine a brew date with my wife first, so plans can be made in advance and ingredients can be bought out of the budget. It would be disrespectful of me to assume she would watch the kids during a brew day. I also choose to brew after the kids go to bed, so that I can get a bedtime routine finished with the kids. I get more brew days this way.

Congrats on the little one, the double brew day with buddies, mentoring a new Brewer, and scoring a great gal. Good on you OP!

This guy gets it.

Thanks brother! :mug:

It's not a matter of asking permission per se, it's more of a mutual respect issue. I wouldn't want to assume I can brew and then get stuck with a 6 month old in the 28 degree weather for 8-10 hours. It would mess with my brew day and my daughter would be extremely unhappy.

I forgot to mention two more things...

When people asked my wife what to get me for Christmas she told them "beer stuff." She guided my mom to get me two brand new kegs and my brother in law got me a wall mounted bottle opener with my homebrewery logo on it.

My wife got me customized pint glasses with my homebrewery logo etched on them. And a new pot. :ban:

Hmm...She's good. She's got you convinced you have free will and all this is your idea. My wife is more direct and just hits me with a 2X4. I prefer the 2X4. :D

Hmm...She's good. She's got you convinced you have free will and all this is your idea. My wife is more direct and just hits me with a 2X4. I prefer the 2X4. :D

You, my friend, need some wife rocks.

And when the neighbors call the police you can tell them you aren't arguing, you are just playing cricket indoors.

You missed the point where he said they have a child together. Children come with responsibilities that are shared. By "letting" him do all these things she's basically saying she'll pick up the slack and handle the responsibilities so he can brew and such. Quite admirable of her.

Why I am even explaining this? lol.:ban:

Rev.

You're not married yet.

Sounds a lot like my situation. I'm 27, 9 month old, and been married 4 years! Even in a cramped apartment, she still puts up with tons of brew stuff. :rockin:

Been married long enough I don't ask permission anymore I just tell the wife what I'm going to do. 90% of the time she says ok. It goes both ways though. If she's gonna let you brew all day and have no responsibilities that day then when she asks to go out with her friends whatever then let her. Cause you best believe if you don't the above stated is over. Haha. Learned that one the hard way.

Married for going on 3 years here and we have a 6 month old baby girl. It's hard to find the right time to brew. I always get interrupted, even if I plan it ahead of time, but it just sort of comes with the territory with being the parent of a newborn. I manage to always find time to brew even though it's not as often as I'd like but that's life. I'll have more time once the baby is a little older. I just try to enjoy the time I have while she's little and still needs me. It puts it all into perspective when I see her reach milestones and grow. Brewing will still be there when I have more time and my wife will always put up with it and support it.

Same boat as the OP but married longer and with a 6 and 3 year old. She doesn't care when I brew or how much gear I amass. Her mother gets into town tomorrow and I have a double brew day planed with my son. No big deal to her. She even bought me a keg for my still for my birthday and always gets me awesome brew stuff or ingredients for gift giving occasions. Good partners in life are hard to find and when you do find them keep em happy. Things go both ways.

Ryan

Back