my wife is ruining me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks you sdcore, and thank you everyone else for speaking you minds...I was on a "hate" rampage, and although I do belive each their own, it is vey easy to misinterpret peoples emotions by reading texts only.

I know bmc will always be around, and I know us homebrewers will always be there "fighting"...I guess I just get fed up...especially when so called "advocates" admit to drinking/buying their product...almost like they are a traitor....but, I'm guilty as well, I have neen there, and there has been time in my life where I thought that "beer" was just the "fizzy yellow stuff"....I guess that's why I'm so for the "cause" now..because I've "seen the light"....and I want to "convert" people....but I agree with whoever said being a stickler could be just as bad as it could be good...anyways...

Sdcore..we should get up, talk ****, and brew sometime....

Cheers everyone

Yeah man no worries, Get your hands on the new 15 year anni from stone and the Green Tea IPA. I had an early straight from the cask of their anniversary ale it is simply amazing. Also the Green Tea IPA is a must try, its decent IPA, tho I'm not a fan of many of their collab beers, this one is good.

The pellicle thread might be one of my favorites on this forum. I even have an entry or two on it and have a Belgian strong with all sorts of bugs that's about 5 months in right now. But, I'll still sip on any BMC if a friend extends the courtesy.

The pellicle thread might be one of my favorites on this forum. I even have an entry or two on it and have a Belgian strong with all sorts of bugs that's about 5 months in right now. But, I'll still sip on any BMC if a friend extends the courtesy.

i almost got to post there, but my sours never had any pellicle. still delicious though.

I hate to break it to you, but PBR is owned by Miller Coors. You should bow down and kiss their boots for reviving that beer as well as bringing back other regional beers like Stroh's and Schlitz in their original and tasty forms.....

If you're gonna be a beer@#@% you might want to know what you're talking about. ;)

First you come on here and spout your bull****. Calm down and have a brew. Also, learn to spell if your gonna go around preaching the good word about "craft brew". You do just as much harm as you do good by denouncing BMC. So she likes a BMC every once and a while, if your that "irked" by it, don't date her. Your the hypocrite here don't come here saying shame on us, and we are wrong for drinking a BMC beer every once and a while. That is RIDICULOUS. notice how that is spelled? Honestly, your a snob.

El oh el.

Ok, so I'm a huge craftbeer advocate. If we are at a party/gathering, and the only thing being served is AB products...I won't drink...in fact...I make it PERFECTLY CLEAR why I refuse to drink (because I refuse to support AB or miller/coors or inbev or any of that bs) but my wife will willingly grab a beer...AND DRINK IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE...KNOWING THAT ITS BLASFAMY to drink out of anything other than a glass in my presence...on top of drinking any of the so called "kings" of the brew world......it sucks that I'm living with this ignorance, bc at home..she's on board with all my "anarchy" and beer etiquete...but in public, if the only option is piss water, she's on board...what's a craft brewer to do???

1297745094125.jpg

If you are at a party don't ***** about free beer. No matter what it is. You sound like a ****** if you complain about it.

Thanks you sdcore, and thank you everyone else for speaking you minds...I was on a "hate" rampage, and although I do belive each their own, it is vey easy to misinterpret peoples emotions by reading texts only.

I know bmc will always be around, and I know us homebrewers will always be there "fighting"...I guess I just get fed up...especially when so called "advocates" admit to drinking/buying their product...almost like they are a traitor....but, I'm guilty as well, I have neen there, and there has been time in my life where I thought that "beer" was just the "fizzy yellow stuff"....I guess that's why I'm so for the "cause" now..because I've "seen the light"....and I want to "convert" people....but I agree with whoever said being a stickler could be just as bad as it could be good...anyways...

Sdcore..we should get up, talk ****, and brew sometime....

Cheers everyone

Someone... call the ellipsis overuse police...

Ok, so I'm a huge craftbeer advocate. If we are at a party/gathering, and the only thing being served is AB products...I won't drink...in fact...I make it PERFECTLY CLEAR why I refuse to drink (because I refuse to support AB or miller/coors or inbev or any of that bs) but my wife will willingly grab a beer...AND DRINK IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE...KNOWING THAT ITS BLASFAMY to drink out of anything other than a glass in my presence...on top of drinking any of the so called "kings" of the brew world......it sucks that I'm living with this ignorance, bc at home..she's on board with all my "anarchy" and beer etiquete...but in public, if the only option is piss water, she's on board...what's a craft brewer to do???

You don't invited many places without her do you?

If I was having a party and someone politely declined something I was offering, that's perfectly fine. But if I am having a party and someone lectures me about how my offerings are immoral and then refuses to even appreciate I was merely offering something to them for free with n commitment needed... I would ask them to leave.

Btw pbr isn't owned by bmc...least not that I know of...and I can't find anything saying it is...so, if you gotta drink a fizzy, drink pbr!

Yep. PBR= MillerCoors.

If you are at a party don't ***** about free beer. No matter what it is. You sound like a ****** if you complain about it.

Everybody hates a dick, no matter what topic they're bitching about. Anybody who comes into my home and then tries to "educate" me or my family on what's "right", they are not ever invited again. It's people who rant against things others love that give beer lovers a bad name.

OK, I'll go ahead and say it...

I try not to control my wife, but that's just me. If I told her what to drink, she'd tell me to go **** myself. That's no lie.

Ok, I guess I came off the wrong way, its not like I will just go on a rampage if someone offers free beer and it happens to be a bmc, I politely decline, and if asked why, then I tell them. No need to be rude.

And cubslover, I don't control my wife, in fact I didn't even mention it..I just found it odd I guess because she supposedly shares my views on the subject, but she'll still drink bmc...I was just venting/complaining I guess.

And cubslover, I don't control my wife, in fact I didn't even mention it..I just found it odd I guess because she supposedly shares my views on the subject, but she'll still drink bmc...I was just venting/complaining I guess.

You must be new to women. I'll let you in on a little secret about them. They're not always consistent.

I will drink pbr if I need a cheap beer, but I choose pbr because they are not owned by bmc...

Rc cola is good...but then again, I'm not a soda advocate, so I could honestly give a ****

Mcdonalds is a good fix for a hangover food, and I would much rather eat a steak, but again, I'm not in the fast food industry, so again, I could give a ****...

I'm in to a revolution of promoting good beer to the american people as a whole, so if I drink crap beer, and people see me or mine supporting it, I'm a hypocrite...I'm in to a revolution of teaching people that "beer" isn't just bmc..which is what most ppl think
I can't tell u guys how many times I get into conversations about this very subject because the american ppl as a whole are so ignorant.

I thought I would have support from a place like hbt for my ideas and my beliefs, but apparently, most people would just rather get drunk, and its sad to say, that even here people aren't dedicated to the cause..shame on you

I think you're going about it the wrong way. It sounds to me like you're not just a beer snob but a beer d-bag. If I was listen to your ramblings about what I should drink I would do the exact opposite! If you want to educate people about the greatness of craft beer, that's one thing, but it sounds like you're telling people that they are idiots for drinking something you don't like. I love craft beer. I mostly drink craft beer. But I have Bud Light and Coors Light in my fridge right now. And I feel like a very light, crisp, refreshing beer today, I will drink one. All of my friends know how I feel about craft beer and I always offer them a homebrew as well as an explanation of the brewing process, what's in it and the flavors. If they choose to drink that beer, great. If they don't, I certainly don't look down on them for drinking a BMC! Lighten up dude.

damn. i was kinda expecting this guy to get ripped a new one. kudos hbt, for rising above :mug:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is it blasphemy to drink out of a bottle? I understand your hatred of Bud Light, but what's the problem with bottled beer? Don't a large number of Home Brewers use bottles? Also most craft beers come in bottles. I'm confused.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is it blasphemy to drink out of a bottle? I understand your hatred of Bud Light, but what's the problem with bottled beer? Don't a large number of Home Brewers use bottles? Also most craft beers come in bottles. I'm confused.

I bottle. I don't ever drink out of a bottle. I don't care a bit if others do this.

I like to see what I'm eating and drinking.

I bottle. I don't ever drink out of a bottle. I don't care a bit if others do this.

I like to see what I'm eating and drinking.

That, and many craft beers as well as homebrew, are bottle conditioned and have a yeast sediment on the bottom. They are to be poured off of the sediment (unless it's a hefeweizen and you want it mit hefe). Plus, the difference between drinking out of a bottle and a glass is astounding! Drink an IPA out of a bottle and all you get is some strong bittering and malt. Drink it out of a glass, and it "opens up" and you have a strong flavor and aroma of hops. Your nose is crucial for the tasting of beer, wine, and food. If you drink out of a bottle, you miss that.

But Miller High Life? Oh, yeah, baby, I drink that ice cold right out of the can!

Ok, I guess I came off the wrong way, its not like I will just go on a rampage if someone offers free beer and it happens to be a bmc, I politely decline, and if asked why, then I tell them. No need to be rude.

It's actually best to always accept anything anyone offers you. My theory is this is hardwired in our brains from days past, that if someone turns down your food or drink they do not trust you. I dunno if that's correct, just a thought.

Anyways, I used to think it was polite to decline things until I read that in an interview if they offer you water or coffee, accept it. Then I realized that whenever I offer someone something, I do feel a little dejected if they refuse for no good reason.

So now, if anyone offers me any food or drink, I down it, and repeatedly tell them how good it is (it's usually good, people I know can really cook) even if I'm not hungry or thirsty. I've noticed it has generated some good will, especially amongst older people that I know.

It's actually best to always accept anything anyone offers you. My theory is this is hardwired in our brains from days past, that if someone turns down your food or drink they do not trust you. I dunno if that's correct, just a thought.

Anyways, I used to think it was polite to decline things until I read that in an interview if they offer you water or coffee, accept it. Then I realized that whenever I offer someone something, I do feel a little dejected if they refuse for no good reason.

So now, if anyone offers me any food or drink, I down it, and repeatedly tell them how good it is (it's usually good, people I know can really cook) even if I'm not hungry or thirsty. I've noticed it has generated some good will, especially amongst older people that I know.

I agree. In our lives, we are very "weird" about food and the products we buy. For example, we don't eat processed food, shop at Wal-mart, buy BMC, eat meat from factory farms, etc.

But when we're invited to other people's homes, we eat, drink, and are merry. Our closest friends know how weird we are about food, but others probably have no idea. And I'm not going to give them a lecture on factory farming, corn-fed beef, Wal-mart stores, or BMC while I'm a guest in their home. If I really can't eat the main course, I take some, push it around my plate for a while and then eat the veggies. Not a negative word shall pass from my lips on their choices. I will praise the meal, the hospitality, and the company. It's just the right thing to do.

I guess it is time to give away all of my brewing equipment I have gathered. Nobody told me when I signed up that being a homebrewer meant buying the occasional BMC was forbidden. It wasn't part of my plan to attempt to bankrupt some of the largest manufacturers in the world. I can't take part in that! In this economy, millions of people are employed by the big 3 and they need their paychecks, to take care of all those children... if I realized that my brewing could cost these people their jobs, I never would have started.

On second thought, I will spread all of my equipment in the driveway and run over it several times, there is no way I can take the chance on somebody getting ahold of it and using it to fight this war.

I have a better idea, I'm just gonna RDWHAHB, then maybe I will be over it.:rockin:

Yooper said:
I agree. In our lives, we are very "weird" about food and the products we buy. For example, we don't eat processed food, shop at Wal-mart, buy BMC, eat meat from factory farms, etc.

But when we're invited to other people's homes, we eat, drink, and are merry. Our closest friends know how weird we are about food, but others probably have no idea. And I'm not going to give them a lecture on factory farming, corn-fed beef, Wal-mart stores, or BMC while I'm a guest in their home. If I really can't eat the main course, I take some, push it around my plate for a while and then eat the veggies. Not a negative word shall pass from my lips on their choices. I will praise the meal, the hospitality, and the company. It's just the right thing to do.

This is the right thing to do. When I was in the military I.was briefed if I was offered something by anyone to eat or drink to eat it even if it made me sick as to not be rude. I didn't run into this very often in the middle east. But I was stationed in Alaska and use to go into the artic circle and was offered " food " by the narives. I had raw whale fat that was warm and smelled like death and tasted terrible but I ate it with a huge **** eating grin just to not offended them after that I could drink any crappy beer and enjoy the hell out of it

The "cause" is a closed minded ideological term short sighted people use to make themselves feel better. Homebrewing is for self satisfaction not for proselytizing. 99% of people who homebrew started out on one of the big three. My first favorite beer was MGD.
Nobody really pays such close attention to what you drink that you'll be accused of hypocrisy for having a beer at a party that's not $10 a six pack.

If you were at my party and you "made it perfectly clear" that you wouldn't drink the free beer I was offering you (and had already purchsed/supported BMC), then proceeded to make a scene when your wife drank from a bottle like everyone else there, I'd probably tell you to pack your **** up and get the fu¢k outta my yard.

Of course, I'd let your wife stay.

I agree that craft brew is better. I agree that any beer is best served in a glass. But I disagree with trying to take down the BMC empire, one 30 pack at a time. They play a major role in this country's beer making history, and clearly the majority of the country prefers them. I'm even planning on making a few batches of a BL clone, to satisfy the BMC people who haven't liked my "strong" home brews thus far.

If you were at my party and you "made it perfectly clear" that you wouldn't drink the free beer I was offering you (and had already purchsed/supported BMC), then proceeded to make a scene when your wife drank from a bottle like everyone else there, I'd probably tell you to pack your **** up and get the fu¢k outta my yard.

Of course, I'd let your wife stay.

I agree that craft brew is better. I agree that any beer is best served in a glass. But I disagree with trying to take down the BMC empire, one 30 pack at a time. They play a major role in this country's beer making history, and clearly the majority of the country prefers them. I'm even planning on making a few batches of a BL clone, to satisfy the BMC people who haven't liked my "strong" home brews thus far.

applause.gif

1307301835438.gif

I'm pleased he's a card carrying member of the AHA and not the NRA or a religion :). That could get REALLY annoying

"if I'm at a party and notice a bible on the shelf ... I stand up on a chair and take the opportunity to scream and shout about my beliefs (with wild arm movements)"

The important thing about BMC is it's still beer. I know out here in vegas if I had to go around drinking Belgian trippels or IIPAs when it's 115 outside I'd be done after a few. How much much Sublimely Self-righteous or Sierra nevada can you drink when you're sweating a quart an hour stirring the mash pot? It's good to have a couple sixers of lone star on a day like that for me. My wife likes the mango wheat I make for her but if it's bbq in the back of the house we're usually having miller light. Also I would lose it on someone if they were so pompous as to not drink the beer I had payed for and then started lecturing me about it.

"if I'm at a party and notice a bible on the shelf ... I stand up on a chair and take the opportunity to scream and shout about my beliefs (with wild arm movements)"

i just loled. i wan't to party with this guy. i love to get people started on religion and politics when i've been drinking. i have my own beliefs and don't need any validation from others. but it seems like most people really do need that validation, they will argue and argue if people don't agree with them. so when people start i poke the fire. some times i'll even argue against what i believe just to get people going. then again i'm kind of a dick. maybe thats why i don't have many friends. :( cept you guys.

Back