My Water Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
Hey folks.. I've always known my water report was available but never looked at it.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look see at it since I'm not knowledgeable about it. I need to start doing more research on water but thought some of you look at it and know right off if there looks to be any problems.

Thanks!

https://www.aquaamerica.com/WaterQualityReports/2010/NC0286115.pdf

That's a water quality report, intended to supply information on potential toxins. The only compound there of interest to brewers is sulfate. In addition to that, you'll want calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride, and either total alkalinity or bicarbonate.

It also tells you that they treat with chlorine, not chloramine(s), which is good to know because chlorine can be removed by boiling (or letting the water sit out overnight) and chloramines cannot.

That's a water quality report, intended to supply information on potential toxins. The only compound there of interest to brewers is sulfate. In addition to that, you'll want calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride, and either total alkalinity or bicarbonate.

It also tells you that they treat with chlorine, not chloramine(s), which is good to know because chlorine can be removed by boiling (or letting the water sit out overnight) and chloramines cannot.

I see.. so looks like I would need to actually send a sample off for the correct analysis. Thanks for your input!

Back