My Slump is over!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyjacobs

Reaction score
:ban::ban:

This is just a bragging post.

I hadn't really brewed in months, my pipeline was ridiculously low, especially since all I like to drink is my own beer. I had 4 kegs in the kegerator and nothing on hand. Then, I effed up with my gas lines, hooked them up to higher pressured kegs on the liquid posts, and ended up with 3 kegs of blended beer! Two of the kegs went sour, (probably bugs in my gas lines, which I've never sanitized), and the third got some real off flavors.

Fast forward about a month, and I had 15 gal of beer in kegs, but not yet in the kegerator. 2 weeks of business travel made the gap even longer.

Today, I took off work, disassembled my gas lines, soaked everything in BLC, BLCed the beer lines, sanitized and reassembled the gas lines, and put the new kegs on tap.

OH MY GOD, it's good to have good beer again. I'd had to buy 48 bottles of store bought, (Sam Adams and Summit), and was really hurting. I just pulled my first pint of my IPeeEh2, and it's the hoppiest, chewiest, most awesome beer I've had in a long time. How sweet it is!!! :rockin:

Now I have my Pilsner-Kolsch hybrid, IPeeEh2, Stout, and brown on tap, and things are looking up again. I'm so happy.

Sorry for the useless post...I just had to get that out. I'm so happy!!!

:mug: Ya gotta love a kegerator full of tasty homebrew.

Consider the storebought bottles as an investment in bottles. I still buy store bought occasionally just till I get enough of a surplus of bottles.

Back