My rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN pat, that is one sexy looking rig! great work and i can't wait for you to post a "did i ruin my beer" post ;)

i'm sure it'll come out top notch! looking forward to seeing the results.

Pat,

i was so amazed by the stainless it didn't see any controls on your rig, is that next? i hate to see such a work of art not controlled in any way.

Nick

Here's my rig in action., but not nearly as studdly as your 's Pat. That is some serious craftsmanship!

all grain 006.jpg

all grain 002.jpg

DAMN pat, that is one sexy looking rig! great work and i can't wait for you to post a "did i ruin my beer" post ;)

i'm sure it'll come out top notch! looking forward to seeing the results.

Well I went to a beer tasting last weekend and ran into the owner of a couple of brew pubs.Arbor brewing and corner brewing...and he said he will send his brewers to my house to help on the first batch..so I might be ok.

Pat

Pat,

i was so amazed by the stainless it didn't see any controls on your rig, is that next? i hate to see such a work of art not controlled in any way.

Nick

I might have to do some horse trading on the controls setup that stuff is out of my league.

I would like to see some gas fired RIMS setups for some future additions to my system.

I might have to do some horse trading on the controls setup that stuff is out of my league.

I would like to see some gas fired RIMS setups for some future additions to my system.

well with your mechanical skills and the skills of all the hbt members i don't see it being a problem

Lehr,

Does your sparge arm have plastic ends? If so you might want to secure them on the ends of the arm as they are only secured by the tightness of the caps. Your pump might blow off one of the ends during sparging.

Lehr,

Does your sparge arm have plastic ends? If so you might want to secure them on the ends of the arm as they are only secured by the tightness of the caps. Your pump might blow off one of the ends during sparging.

Thanks Tommy I have run it with cold water and they stayed on but I sure hot water might be a different story.

Pat

Thanks Tommy I have run it with cold water and they stayed on but I sure hot water might be a different story.

Pat

Welcome!

My 1 end came off once my temp ramped up a little during a test run. Thankfully it was just a test run. I have not secured my ends since. Have any ideas?

I was debating being a pain in the butt and asking my machinist to lathe some SS ends to pressure fit in. Might also look into trying to find a glue that can withstand heat and will not cause any problems with being in contact with the beer. Don't really know right now...

Love the fab work and attention to detail... the gas manifold is a nice touch. Let's see this thing in action! Kick the tires n' light the fires!

Could you think Jessie James those OCC guys are hacks...I know they make a crap load of money but hacks never the less.

Pat

Their work isn't what TV makes it out to be for sure. Some of their tig welds look like globed up mig welds.

Great work by the way...I wish I had the talent, tools and time.

Well I broke it in this weekend made an IPA 1.081 OG 15 OZ of hops.
Had a few problems with the regulator and forgot to add the irish moss and that made it a bit hard to run off the boil kettle with all the hop pellets in there.
No boil overs btw.

Pat

What was your recipe? Was this a 10 gallon batch? What are you using for a fermentation vessel? Pictures please!

What was your recipe? Was this a 10 gallon batch? What are you using for a fermentation vessel? Pictures please!

10 gal
25 lb 2 row pale
1-1/2 lbs ea 20 40 80 crystal
1 lb wheat
1272 yeast 2 liters on a stir plate
5oz cascade at 60
2oz cascade at 30
2oz ea at15,10,5,flameout centennial
dry hop 6 oz after 3 days
151 mash temp.

I have a plastic conical with temp. control I'll take pics and post tommorrow.

Nice fermenter you have there. What's the size of your dump valve? Looks like the 1.5" plastic type that you can find on agriculture sites for ~$15. Is the temp controller running a heating element right now? Also set up to run a cooling element? What types are you using?

Nice fermenter you have there. What's the size of your dump valve? Looks like the 1.5" plastic type that you can find on agriculture sites for ~$15. Is the temp controller running a heating element right now? Also set up to run a cooling element? What types are you using?

The fermenter is from plastic mart 169.00 delivered with stand the valve on the bottom is from mcmaster-carr 37.00 1.5" the temp control is from northern brewing it was a kit that came the control,heat blanket and stopper that has a place for the sensor. My basement is pretty cool all year long so I'm not sure about the cooling I think I might just take off the insulation in the summer.
Pat.

damn dude, you just continue to roll out the pimpy brewing implements! nice work, can't wait to see how that beer turns out.

damn dude, you just continue to roll out the pimpy brewing implements! nice work, can't wait to see how that beer turns out.

Thanks dude maybe I should call it Pimp Daddy Brewing !

I can't hardly wait to try the beer myself it sure smells good in the basement
I was in Arcadia brewings fermentation room a couple of weeks ago and it smelled just like my basement..YE HAW !

Pat

Man that's a huge grain bill! What was your post-boil OG?

Sick fabrication skills BTW, you suck.

10 gal
25 lb 2 row pale
1-1/2 lbs ea 20 40 80 crystal
1 lb wheat
1272 yeast 2 liters on a stir plate
5oz cascade at 60
2oz cascade at 30
2oz ea at15,10,5,flameout centennial
dry hop 6 oz after 3 days
151 mash temp.

I have a plastic conical with temp. control I'll take pics and post tommorrow.

I would wait until primary fermentation is complete to dry hop... and with a 1.081 OG, it will likely take at least a week.

Back