My order from Brewmaster's Warehouse...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the bar between the My Account line and the My Cart line at the top right.

:eek:

And I generally pride myself with my wide wide webs searching skills....perhaps I should hone my search search skills?

(hmm...no Arrogant recipe and no maltodextrin)

I guess I'll have to add the recipe from one of the August Jamil - Can You Brew It shows...

Thanks Sig,

(hmm...no Arrogant recipe and no maltodextrin)

Search 'malto dextrin' and it comes right up. :)

Of course, Ed should probably code it as 'maltodextrin' as that's how most will be searching for it, I imagine.

It's the darker blue text field up at the top right of the page. Right above "My Cart".

Search 'malto dextrin' and it comes right up. :)

Of course, Ed should probably code it as 'maltodextrin' as that's how most will be searching for it, I imagine.

I did maltodextrin and maltodextrin'e'...as that is the most common misspelling. I almost went with malto for a third go, but I don't need it anymore, so I let it go.

Later,

Hey Ed,

I have noticed that you do not have a search function on the site. On two occasions now; 1. I couldn't find Maltodextrin, and 2. I was wanting to look for an Arrogant Bastard recipe....gave up both time. If you do, I can not find it for the life of me....

Are you going to be adding a search at some point?

Thanks for the help,

There is one already, although not the most obvious (wasn't to me at first anyways). Upper righthand of the BMW screen... it is the darker blue color!

'Uh, yeah, this thing is going to suck. 3 pounds of roasted barley? I'm not shipping this.'

Ha. I have actually called customers and ask them about the recipes before to help them out. 1 I can think of off the top of my head, is when someone ordered 10 lbs of Caramel 10 for a recipe. It was a big beer, but not big enough for 10 lbs of a crystal malt.

We do have fun talking about all the Lite American Lager recipes that come through. A lot of people just input a recipe without changing the style, so they all show up as Lite American Lagers. Not sure how light this is going to be with Chocolate, and Roasted Barley type of thing.

Ed

We used to stock it, but I had a lot of requests for Breiss instead, so I switched it. Breiss is easier for me to get, so I will most likely not switch back unless there are a lot of requests for it.

Ed

Ok I guess I'll try it next time I need to make an order. Your pricing is good and I like the brew builder but so far for me another online retailer has been solid on many occasions. I will try to balance my orders, I really appreciate your level of customer service.

Ed,

The warrior hops arrived today, thanks for sending it out quickly! I just may have to do another double-header weekend now (the Pecan Scottish Ale and IPA). Also many thanks for the extra ounce of hops and the Nottingham packets. Your customer service and desire to go above and beyond, no matter what the situation, is to be commended. :mug:

Thanks for the fast response today, Ed.

I created and ordered a recipe, for which the grains were in one bag. Wasn't sure if the specialty grains had been left out. Saving packaging is a good thing. Looking forward to the next order!

Jason

I had the same problems. What gives them the right to IMPROVE my efficiency? :) I went in planning for a 1053 beer and it ended up damned near 1060. On top of the fact that my I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and my stuff was sitting on the front porch on Saturday. Hell, I didn't even know they DELIVERED stuff on Saturday. BW rocks.

Just placed my first order with BMW as a result of reading through this thread. I'm really looking forward to brewing up my Vanilla Bourbon Porter. Thanks in advance Ed!

When ordering recipes from Brewmasters Warehouse, do they come packed seperatly (when ordered to be not mashed) or all together? I ask because I wanted to order a 10 gallon recipe and split it into two 5-gallon recipes. Would I be able to do this?

If you put it in the Notes section when ordering, and Ed can do it, chances are he will.

Why not just order two separate 5 gal batches?

I dont know why I always read these threads about how great BMW is, I always end up angry that everyone else can shop there but not me! What if I just show up at the door and dont go away??

I dont know why I always read these threads about how great BMW is, I always end up angry that everyone else can shop there but not me! What if I just show up at the door and dont go away??

Agreed. I am not a jealous type but I guess this is one HUGE draw back from living in Atlanta. These guys are actually right down the street from my business so I really wanted to shop with them (support local business). They let me know they could not send to GA residents, but did not hesitate to give me other local shops to try out. I am not sure who I talked to , but from that experience alone I actually am upset I can't shop with them.

Just placed my first order with BMW as a result of reading through this thread. I'm really looking forward to brewing up my Vanilla Bourbon Porter. Thanks in advance Ed!

Just got my order in yesterday, everything came in as expected, and looks great! Advanced tip for potential customers, if you order late in the week, and am ordering liquid yeast, they will wait until the following week to ship it. I didn't expect this, but I appreciate Ed's foresight in protecting my yeast.

Thanks Ed! You can expect another order from me in the near future! :mug:

I agree with all the positive feedback. I brewed an APA I ordered from BW and got 86% efficiency. I think I've only gotten in the 80's one other time. The crush looked great.

Whoa that's a lot of efficiency! Definitely overshot my target 1.054 with a 1.061! The kettle couldn't hold more wort, so I went for a bigger beer + slightly under-pitching :drunk:

Maybe I could compensate by reducing the base malt on my next order.

Back