My new project!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
Thought I would post up my project I have been working on. It's going to be a 2 tier HERMS system with keggles. This project has taught me how to weld as well, so it's already showing its benefits! Threw in a few pictures of the progress. I threw some paint on it to see how it would look and to help protect the steel from rust, but will obviously be redone since I need to add some other cross braces, mounts for the burners, wheels, and the grain mill section on the end of the upper tier (once I get the motor for the mill and figure out where to mount it and how to gear it). Will post some more pics as it progresses. Let me know what y'all think!

image-734670152.jpg

image-3685155443.jpg

image-3173898892.jpg

image-301475691.jpg

image-1380549266.jpg

image-3659292360.jpg

Looks really cool. I look forward to seeing how you do the grain mill section.

Good luck.

Thanks! I'm thinking about just making a boxed frame off the end that will house the mill on top and the motor underneath and, of course a bucket to catch the milled grain. Think I'm going to drive it with gears and a chain on a gear motor the owner of my local HBS is hooking me up with. Just need to get my hands on it to see how to set it all up. I can add it later though while I'm saving up for keggle parts and stainless tubing for the HERMS coil. I was even thinking about making the grain section removable so I could stand the whole thing on end for a smaller footprint in my garage, but I think it would be more of a hassle than its worth with electrical wiring. Will just have to see. Things keep changing as I go, but it should be pretty awesome compared to my wooden stand you can see part of in the background of one of the pics. Thanks again and watch for updates!

Back