My new Keezer is almost done... Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty-Dawg

Reaction score
Here's a look at my new Keezer build. I used a 9 cu.ft. Chest freezer which was white. I painted it black with Rustoleum appliance epoxy paint and added a 2x10 collar. I then used 1x12 red oak for the outer collar. I also put a 1x6 red oak collar around the bottom to hide the cart I built to make it easily moveable. All of the red oak was sanded and then used Minwax pre-stain wood conditioner. Then stained all red oak with Minwax English Chestnut stain. Once that was dry I sealed it inside and out with satin finish polyurethane. The collar around the bottom leaves the look that it is kind of floating. I put three ball lock cornies and a 10 lb. co2 bottle in the Keezer with Taprite dual regulator. And a three way gas distribution manifold. I insulated the inside of the collar with 5/8in. insulation and sealed that with A/C duct tape. Installed Perlick 630 SS faucets on stainless 4in. Shanks. I used a Johnson A419 digital temp controller to control temp. Still need to put the drip tray, bottle opener and cap catcher on it.

Here's a few pics... Comments are welcome. :mug:

image.jpg

Thanks man.

The paint turned out very nice and being epoxy I expect that it will last. Especially since it is inside.

I'm curious why you went with a 10 inch collar? It looks like a 4 inch would have been more than adequate. Was it just for aesthetics? If so, then you've done a fine job. That's one sweet looking Keezer.

I went with a 2x10 inner collar because I did not like the idea of bending over to get a beer.

Thanks for the kind words.

:mug:

looks great. I just ordered all the parts to do my 2 tap system, same taps and controller. I am going to try and do it in the same fashion as yours. (I hope) I like the 12 inch face boards. :mug:

Looks great man! I really like that color combo with black. Looks sharp.

Thanks guys,

It wasn't too difficult to do once I had it all pictured in my head.

I just took my time and made sure I thought out each step and it went the way I pictured it.

It is awesome to walk up and get a beer any time I feel like it. And the BIG plus I don't have to deal with bottles unless I decide to bottle some to take with me to other places.

I now have three kegs in the Keezer.

Fat Tire Clone
Imperial IPA
Big Ass Texas Brown Ale

Good luck with your builds. If you have any questions about mine just ask I will try to help any way I can.

Cheers ! :mug:

Just curious, how did you like the black epoxy paint? I am considering using it for my build as well. Any tips or lessons learned? Cheers!

Back