My Kenmore 8.8 cubic feet Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flash9

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Keezer I build over the past month. :mug:

01 Keezer Front.jpg

02 Keezer Temp Control.jpg

03 Keezer Taps and Drip Tray.jpg

04 Keezer Hinges.jpg

05 Keezer Inside 01.jpg

06 Keezer Inside 02.jpg

07 Keezer Inside 03.jpg

08 Keezer Inside 04.jpg

09 Keezer Inside 05.jpg

I was asked to write-up a brief overview of my Keezer Build:

I spend a few weeks scouring the internet to come up with the design of my Keezer.

Due to space restrictions, the largest freezer I was able to use was the Kenmore / Frigidaire 8.8 cubic foot model. Since the Keezer would be against a low wall on the right hand side, I wanted the compressor to be on the left hand side of the freezer.

I wanted to have my design such that if in the future I wanted to I could return the Keezer back to a freezer and have no one know it had been a Keezer at one point. This led me to decide that I wanted to incorporate the temperature control into a rolling base. On the back of the base is a power strip that is controlled by the temperature control. Basically it is like someone it plugging and unplugging the freezer to keep its internal temperature at a refrigerator temperature. I wanted to make sure the interior air is circulated so I also have a 110v fan that is also powered by the power strip (the fan only runs when the compressor is running).

The top “box” is actually made up of an inner and outer box with foam insulation between the two boxes. To my surprise the original freezer lid hinges do hold open the large box and lid. I purchased some stainless steel Coleman cooler hinges (from eBay or Amazon) for the Freezer lid. I like these since they allow the lid to open about 95 degrees and stay open on its own.

I purchased Perlick taps and shanks. I pieced together my own secondary regulator and made all of the connections, ¼” Flare Swivel Nut Swivel nut connections.

For the drip tray I purchased a cheap 19” Stainless Steel model, and used two wreath hanger hooks that I bent into shape, then attached a couple wedge shaped blocks to keep if from bending down.

Very nice build! Where did you get the fan? I'd like to add that to mine.

Very nice build! Where did you get the fan? I'd like to add that to mine.

AC Infinity HS1238A-X from Amazon.
After doing some research this companies fans are what is used in higher end, entertainment cabinets for cooling.
I liked that it is 115v AC, so the fan just plugs into the thermostatically controlled power strip.
Thus the fan only runs when the compressor is running.
I used a couple 2" angle brackets that I painted black to mount it to the Keezer.
It is only ~$15 with free shipping if your Amazon order is over $35.

Thank you for nice comments on my Keezer.

Last edited by a moderator:
AC Infinity HS1238A-X from Amazon.
After doing some research this companies fans are what is used in higher end, entertainment cabinets for cooling.
I liked that it is 115v AC, so the fan just plugs into the thermostatically controlled power strip.
Thus the fan only runs when the compressor is running.
I used a couple 2" angle brackets that I painted black to mount it to the Keezer.
It is only ~$15 with free shipping if your Amazon order is over $35.

Thank you for nice comments on my Keezer.

Awesome! Thanks! Just ordered it. I'm a Prime member so it's just $15.99 with two day shipping. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the noise level on that fan? BTW great build!

The fan is slightly louder then the compressor, but not by much. This is the noise I hear with the Keezer is all closed up. The fan is louder when the lid is open.

Thanks for the nice comment on my Keezer.

Back