My Keezer Build with beer bottle shelf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbredy66

Reaction score
Well, I finally took the plunge and built a keezer for my keg system. I wanted to make it look nice enough to not stick out in my living room (only place with space really).

I'd read around many threads on this site, and just wanted to say thank you for all of the ideas and plans everyone has shared. I just wanted to do the same.

It was a pretty simple collar build, with fancier stained wood on the outside. I also tried to make a school chalkboard style top with some stained and cut molding that I epoxied to the lid around a chalkboard painted area

The only think I though might be worth sharing was the fan system I have for moving the cold air around. I found that a flexible gutter spout was just the right size to shove an 80mm computer fan into. It was nice that is was cheap and can be shaped into whatever kind of circulation you want.

I was also a little unsatisfied with some of the drip tray shelf ideas, so I ended up building a small 2 level shelf that fits perfectly for me under my taps. Plus it has spaces for beer glasses. It was simple a 6ft section of 1x8, that I cut, sanded, and stained. I then installed eye-screws and turnbuckles to pinch a few 22oz bottles for vertical support. I helps to have exactly the same type of bottle so the shelf doesn't rock. I also screwed a small washer into the wood that fit into each bottle top fits to keep it from sliding.

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the great info. And I hope this inspires some other DIYer's plans. :mug:

DSCN0556.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

DSCN0559.JPG

DSCN0560.JPG

DSCN0561.JPG

It is just a 12v dc fan wired to a cell phone charger cord. The 120mm fan wouldn't fit I don't think.

Latest posts

Back