My Homebrewpub (WIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I have missed this my whole time on the forum. This is really, really cool. Really just an ultimate basement. I bet you could get on TV for this one (do they still have the 'man cave' show?) or certainly a magazine of coolness.

chamber.jpg

How you going to get any insulation in there with that keg setup? I did something similar with the circles, but added 4 inches all around so that I could have 3" of foam, 1/2" of exterior sheathing, and 1/8" of showerboard to insulate and water seal the keg section.

I can always move the wall out a few inches, or I could just keep it as is and probably still be able to get 6-8 in there.

I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to do with this yet, I just laid these out to see what I had to work with.

I was hoping for 8 taps and it looks like I should be able to make that happen.

Work is progressing, I've just been slacking on updating this thread.

The new layout:
IMAG0043.jpg

Brew room before tear down and wall construction:
Basement12-09008.jpg

Old bar has been taken down:
Basement12-09007.jpg

Brew Room wall framed up:
Basement12-11001.jpg

Rebuilding the bar

Above the sink are the 8g electrical runs to accommodate an all-electric rig in the brew room at some point in the future.
Basement12-11002.jpg

The large portion on the left (to the right of the sink) is the cooling chamber. Right now, it's 35.6 cu. ft.. Obviously that will decrease after I get the insulation installed.
Bar12-22-09002.jpg

Bar12-22-09001.jpg

Bar12-22-092005.jpg

The stained and sealed floor (prior to the application of 5 coats of wax that I put on last night). Pics taken with my phone, so the quality isn't that great:

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

Any chances of getting detailed shot of just the bar framing? I'm looking to a similar bar very soon and and a retard. I can follow an existing design, but don't know enough structurally to design one.
Maybe email some? let me know I'll PM my email address.

Any chances of getting detailed shot of just the bar framing? I'm looking to a similar bar very soon and and a retard. I can follow an existing design, but don't know enough structurally to design one.
Maybe email some? let me know I'll PM my email address.

Sure. I'll try to get some close up pics this weekend and take some measurements for you.

I had some known dimensions when I started building it, but beyond that I just kinda built on the fly.

My only critique (I am in love with your basement and set-up, for the record) is the 2x4s on the top of the bar frame. I would have installed them upright instead of on their side. You get way more strength from them which could be important depending on the use of the bar top and what it's made of. Other than that looks awesome!

Can't wait to see the end result. Looks like it'll be the ultra ultimate basement bar.

Sure. I'll try to get some close up pics this weekend and take some measurements for you.

I had some known dimensions when I started building it, but beyond that I just kinda built on the fly.

Awesome thanks. swmbo is getting on me about the bar:) Horrible problem to have right!? :D

I realized earlier this evening that I haven't updated this in a while... I'm still working on it, but I hope to be completely done in a couple of months. I'm currently working on finishing up the bathroom and doing doors/trim in the rest of it. After that, it's on to the bar.

From the brew room to the bathroom at the other end:
brewroom3-3-10010.jpg

Brew room sink (I'll be putting up some waterproof board around it):
brewroom3-3-10007.jpg

Brew room - wiring for eventual electric rig:
brewroom3-3-10008.jpg

I wired for a TV just in case:
brewroom3-3-10009.jpg

12 Perlick 425's thanks to Brewmeister Jeff:
faucets3-24-10.jpg

This is the urinal side of the bathroom - wired with HDMI for a TV:
bathroom3-25-10001.jpg

The other side of the divider wall in the bathroom, where the toilet will go:
bathroom3-25-10002.jpg

I also ran some tubing from my garage (where I brew) to my brew room (where I ferment) with shutoffs:

Shelf in the garage:
TubingtogarageandLowellspen-3-15-4.jpg

TubingtogarageandLowellspen-3-15-3.jpg

Shutoff on the other end in the brew room:
TubingtogarageandLowellspen-3-15-2.jpg

Tubing from the shutoff:
TubingtogarageandLowellspen-3-15-1.jpg

This is going to really save my back. I never have to carry a full carboy again!

You can't see me cuz we're on the internet, but I am making a bowing motion in the general direction of Marion, Ohio. That's the ****!!!

Yeah urinal tv is pretty cool. However I'm brew-geeking out on the line you have running from your garage to brew room! What a great idea and it actually looks really good. I'm sure it's going to look super awesome when you have wort/beer running through the clear tubing. Did you opt for silicon or is that just vinyl?

you may as well just turn the top floor of your house into a restaurant and have your bar in the basement. epic build!

Back