My HERMS Control Box (Auber 2362)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonNeumann

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I've been out of home brewing for a couple of years now but decided to dive back in and go deep. Mostly I've been inspired by all the cool DIY projects that people like you guys are are doing these days. I'm kind of a big geek at heart so it's a good fit. In 1987 (when I first started home brewing) the equipment and knowledge that's available today was totally unheard of so it's very cool seeing what people are up to these days. Youtube is a wonderful source.

So this is the control box I created. It's configure with:

1x Plastic Control Box from eBay
1x Illuminated master power switch
2x Auber SYL-2362 PID Controllers
1x Illuminated pump switch
2x 110v AC power inlets
(One for the pump and one split into two 110v and one 24v output leads)
1x 110v pump receptacle

I know it doesn't look like much (plain and simple) but I think I have about 30+ hours invested into the R&D and its construction. I'm creating a HERMS setup using a Blichmann Top Tier system. I am using the Honeywell V8200 Gas valve converted to LP.

I'm still putting the stand and plumbing together but I'll post some more info as things get rolling. I'm taking my time and trying to be as methodical as possible with the construction of the thing so it may be a little while.

Anyway, thanks for checking this out. I would also like to give a shout out to Brewing TV and The Brewing Network for rekindling my interest in the hobby. Those are some really cool, geeky and fun edutainment shows.

Thanks for looking,
-Jason

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Back