My fold up brew tree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broncobum

Reaction score
This is my take on a store-able, modular brew tree. I wanted to be able to make it into nice small pieces for storing in my single car garage that also doubles as my metal shop/storage for my business/yard crap/whatever else.

I decided that fold up legs were a must to reduce the storage footprint, as was dealing with the 16"square shelves that would stick out both sides. I was going to make the shelves flip down, but later decided removable is easier.
This design works for me because my HLT is electric, and MLT is a cooler/non fired vessel. I have a bayou burner that my keggle will sit on, on the ground, and 2 levels for my MLT/HLT.
I used 2" black pipe for the column, and 1" (maybe 1-1/4" can't remember) for the legs.
The shelves were fabbed from bedframe angle, a piece of c-channel with short legs that hugs the 2" pipe nicely, and some heavy angle with short legs for the supports. The shelves will bolt thru the main pipe with welded nuts for ease of use (hard to lose).
The legs will have 3/32" wire rope to keep them from spreading to far.

So far this is where it sits....
bb0e61e0.jpg

e033a835.jpg

91c5dffb.jpg

318e20d3.jpg

Please don't judge me for my welds. I am working with my HF $90 flux machine, and not the GTAW Syncrowave that I am used to.

With the three bolts to secure the legs, it gives me leeway to adjust them for uneven surfaces (like my patio). I am thinking of using turnbuckles on the wire rope to increase that adjust-ability.

At this point I need to make the other shelf, install the wire rope leg restraints, and give it a good painting.
Hopefully I have some time to put into it, cause I am itchin to brew!

So let me know what you think! I am up for criticism that will help me improve the design. :mug:

Latest posts

Back