My First Homebrew - w/ some questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Oregon, this is Brew Dude (now Tankard)

Looks great man! I'm happy to see the finished product. Looks a bit cloudy, but that may just be the picture. Next time, toss a little Irish Moss in the boil during the last 10 minutes and it should help to clarify the beer quite a bit. It's really cheap at the home brew shops, like 3 bucks for a couple ounces. You don't need much either, just a tablespoon.

Cloudy beer has no effect on the flavor though. I'm glad to hear that it's tasty.

Got any other brews planned?

Again, congrats on a successful first batch.

You only need a teaspoon of Irish moss in the last 5min of the boil not a tablespoon.

Congrats on your first homebrew. I also started out with Brewer's Best kits and I can say they make good beer and have good instructions that are very easy to follow. Obviously the Octoberfest kit is not really an Octoberfest lager but is actually a strong ale. However many of the ales are much closer to style. Chalk that one up to marketing.

Craig

Back