My First Homebrew is Great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeWI

Reaction score
So I finally broke down and had a bottle of my first batch, the Brewers Best Cream Ale kit. For testing purposes, you understand. ;) It's only been in the bottle for a week and I chilled it overnight and had it while brewing my third batch today (the pipeline is in full production :D). And, wow it's great! It still has a lot of strange flavors from being green I'd guess and is still under-carbonated, but even with all that it's just fantastic. I may need to test a few everyday from now on. :mug:

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info I found here.

Mike

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

1st beer.jpg

hey congrats!

My first batch is also being conditioned at the moment. Just a touch under a week so far :p I think i might give in after a few days and just drink one haha. Also, I noticed you're using brewers best, aren't their kits awesome!?

Anyways, good drinkin'!
Saintdog

Wish my first batch was good..I did a iipa and fermented in a 80 degree room lol...anyway I tip my hat to you, welcome to the rest of your life!

And, wow it's great! It still has a lot of strange flavors from being green I'd guess and is still under-carbonated, but even with all that it's just fantastic.

Mike

Strange flavors and under carbonated and it is still fantastic. You are on a winner there.
I have read that freezing the glasses is not the best idea as it knocks the head off of the beer. My understanding is that the glass should not be colder than the beer put into it.

I'm still drinking my first batch. I brewed a Hefe. Even though it may be a tad over carbonated I still think it's the best beer I ever tasted. No kidding. I'm planning on brewing the exact same beer and tone done the priming sugar a tiny bit.

Latest posts

Back