My fellow Canadians help me pick my next brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acefaser

Reaction score
My wife grew up in Canada and loves Molson Dry. I have never had it and we cant get it down here in the US. I would like to brew up something similar for her because she just doesn't like the IPA hoppyness that I enjoy.
Any suggestions?

There's a recipe for something that's similar to Miller Lite on here, the main things to take away from it are the use of amylase enzyme to dry out the beer and the low amount of hops. Use noble hops and an actual lager yeast and you're be in the ballpark, maybe try to use Canadian pilsner malt from Rahr.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/miller-lite-really-triple-hopped-123937/

Yes I was looking at that recipe as well as the popular Cream of Three Crops. Can you get that amylase enzyme at a homebrew store? Anyone know what hops are used in the Molson Dry? Should I use those or stick with the Cream of Three Crops hops?

Many homebrew stores have the enzyme available, just use any clean hop for bittering, the C3C hops are probably more like what Molson uses. The approx gravity should be 1.041 to hit the 5.5% alcohol in the Molson Dry.

Back