My brew build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleFisted

Reaction score
So this will be about a week to two week long process so I hope this is "legal" to just post pics as I go. I have this week off and I anticipated on building a brew stand, I just so happened to go to menards today and they are selling this old stand which is super heavy duty and somewhat larger then your normal brew stand but I got it for 50 bucks. Here is the start and I plan on posting more pictures each day as my build continues...

brewbuild.jpg

brewbuild1.jpg

Sure it's legal to post pics as you go. What kind of system will you have for the stand? Propane, electric, 3 vessel, 2 vessel? Interested to see how it comes along.

Scut_Monkey said:
Sure it's legal to post pics as you go. What kind of system will you have for the stand? Propane, electric, 3 vessel, 2 vessel? Interested to see how it comes along.

This will be a propane build. With a three vessel. Would like to do a Herms or rims but I am not really sure how to build all that.

Great start. I really enjoy my 3 tier system.

How about adding a cabinet or peg board and work top to one end of the shelving unit?

Great start. I really enjoy my 3 tier system.

How about adding a cabinet or peg board and work top to one end of the shelving unit?

I am not sure I understand this? But I did actually figure I would push the kegs closer to one end and then I was going to throw wood down on the one shelving unit to act as a table for my laptop and such.

Yes that's it! Moving the kegs toward one end would allow you to build a table and some storage space on the other end. A pegboard on the backwall of the "storage" end would allow you to hang your brew day equipment (hoses, spoons, etc...) Having a table for the laptop and cold beers makes brewday more enjoyable and also gives you a worktop for other brew related activities.

I like this. does the tubing coming from the tun to the BK just hang there with an elbow? Also, how hard is it to stir your mash?

Its hard to see, but the tubing from the tun goes to a pump and then up to the kettle.

Not hard to stir the mash - the opening between the 2 kettles and between the front and back top horizontal supports of the rig is about the same size as the top of the tun - so I can reach down between the supports and kettles easy to stir

:off: Gotta admire someone who doesn't let the weather keep them from brewing! :)

It really wasnt bad this winter - the coldest I've brewed was 23 degrees. I see by your address the opposite could be a problem in the summer. Gotta admire someone that brews in that heat.

Back