My Beer will be at the GABF!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Because I won the Papago Pro-AM and I will get to brew my beer for the GABF in Denver this September.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I want to f'n scream my head off but I am at work.

I really need to re-brew this and I'm totally jammed up right now.

Plus, this beer is so damned girly, I might need a new dress and a purse.

Shoes :(

Well done, olllllo. Do you enter just your award winning beer or can you enter others?

In order to qualify to as a Pro Am entry, the beer has to have medaled in the last year. Then you submit that to a local sponsoring brewery to be judged and they may have their own preferences or stipulations.

In this case it was announced that the AB pilot brew experimental beer (see the other post) would be favored if it came down to it. Papago is looking for beers that will widen appeal. They already have their classic styles and some award winners of their own. Plus they also serve 35 more craft taps and dozens of bottled crafts.

According to the email, I won a unanimous decision but a very narrow one. Most of the entries were ASH entries and we have some great brewers. (Better than me!)

And to Bobby's point, it does stand out. I thought there were going to be several entries locally at the GAzBF and so I opted to enter it at a BJCP / AHA sanctioned contest out of our region so that it would stand out.

It turned out to be a risky strategy becasue there were not many local entries, but in the end it paid off.

I would also like to make it known, that I am not the first HBTer to have been bestowed with this honor.

mrbowenz and PirateAle were Pro Am competitors last year.
I might be missing someone else last year as well.

I'm hoping that maybe they will chime in with their experiences.

Eau de Eau de Poire?? :eek:

I know what that word means... is your purse made by Fendi or Gucci?

Congrats just the same.

When I talked to beer geeks about the recipie, they went EEEWWW. So the name was a goof on that.

Also it is very aromatic. Think Eau d' parfume.

Now they all want a bottle.

WOW olllllo, I suddenly feel strangely attracted to you! I....MUST.... FIGHT......THE..... URGE..... TO.....STALK.......... YOU......

A big congrats my friend. Very well done! :mug:

I would also like to make it known, that I am not the first HBTer to have been bestowed with this honor.

mrbowenz and PirateAle were Pro Am competitors last year.
I might be missing someone else last year as well.

I'm hoping that maybe they will chime in with their experiences.

I also had a beer in the proam last year and have a barleywine in this year

Congrats olllllo !, you are now a brewing rockstar !

You may be be getting some of this !:

yes those boobs are right in there , is that L.Lohann below ?

GABF2007Bowenz150.jpg

and this:

IMG_3083.jpg

and this:
n1586933677_935904_4229.jpg

But when the Gold fades into the sunset and someone else wins, you'll end up with a gay looking brewing partner that looks like this : NQ3X back to reality

IMG_4381.jpg

Not sure how I missed it:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/of...-oct-9-11-thread-68645/index2.html#post852420

I have all kinds of questions for you.

I'll gladly answer any questions. The beer that was entered in 2008 I went over to brew with the brewery and had a great time. The beer didn't turn out that great, but they don't make many lagers every year.

Just this past weekend I finally got to try the barleywine that was brewed up for 2009. I took a bottle of mine (brewed 12/07) to compare and they were almost identical except mine had more of a dry hop aroma/flavor.

I'm really excited about the barleywine. I hope I'm able to make it out to GABF, but I might not be able to this year. Maybe I'll be able to swing it though.

I was planning on brewing a barleywine every year but I didn't get one last year, so maybe I'll do it every 2 years.

Back