MY barely legal ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdog93

Reaction score
alright so im a little pissed upon learning that theres already a beer called "Barely Legal" (or "Barley Legal, each result is spelled different on google.) its a coconut beer brewed by Palo Alto for anyone who doesnt know.

i believe my newest brew is more deserving of the name, seeing as to how it dropped bright within a day or two of my 21st birthday a few days ago:p. i bottled it earlier this week and am super excited to try it, as it is my first original recipe done on BeerSmith (so its my first potential keeper).

since its a honey wheat ale i wouldnt feel comfortable calling it "barley legal" lol i know the name shouldnt matter that much with it being a homebrew and all but itll bug me. can anyone tell me what the official name is of palo altos coconut beer is?

and for the recipe:

HONEY WHEAT BEER

1# crystal 10
2# briess pilsen dme
2# briess bavarian wheat dme

1oz amarillo gold - 60 min
1oz us fuggles - 10 min

1.5# honey - boil out

:off:
i was in the store the last night and decided to try shock top's honey bourbon cask wheat. please tell me i didnt make anything like that. im not aging with oak chips or anything but i will be really upset if this beer ends up with that crappy creamy vanilla flavor i tasted (if thats what it was, im still trying to refine my pallet). do you guys think the bourbon cask stave is what gave the shock top that flavor?

Back