My 5000th Tribute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A little early for me to make this post you say? Well there’s a reason for that...

I decided that for my 5000th post, rather than follow the unmentionable HBT tradition (not my thing...), I want to give back to the forum and pay tribute to my love of craft beer at the same time.

I experienced my first craft beer in Colorado while I was stationed there with the Army. As a member of the Army Special Forces, I learned a lot from the Green Berets I served alongside, but the best lesson they taught me was to DRINK GOOD BEER! Most of them (and myself in short time), had served in Germany and other European countries where beer had always been an awesome thing, but luckily for me, craft beer was exploding in Colorado in the late 90’s while I was there. Because of that, I was quickly introduced to beers which would change my palate forever, and even more importantly, lead to my passion for homebrewing.

So, for my 5000th post, I will give 1 Supporting Membership (1 year), to the person who sends me the best Colorado picture as chosen via poll by the members of this forum. All you have to do to enter is send me your best picture of Colorado. Tell me where and when it was taken. Extra consideration will be given to pictures which are beer themed, and extra-SPECIAL consideration will be given to any pictures which pay tribute to the military in some way. I will choose my five favorites to put in the poll, which will then be voted on by everyone. The only people who are excluded are Lifetime Members, for obvious reasons. Pictures can be emailed to me at [email protected]. Please DO NOT post pictures in this thread (Well, submissions at least (Any pictures posted in this thread are automatically disqualified).

There will be no set timeline for this contest. I will post the poll as my 5000th post. So when I start getting too close, I will cut it off and put up the poll.

Thank you for continuing to put up with me on this great forum ;), the place which has taught me a good chunk of all I know about brewing our favorite beverage! I look forward to seeing all your great pictures of one of my favorite places in the world!

One more thing. PLEASE, no cheating. Be honest and proud of the experiences YOU enjoyed in the great state of Colorado, not someone else’s.

Cheers!

Pretty cool idea airborne. I spent my honeymoon in Colorado, and another vacation since then. If it wasn't for my wife's family she and I would move there in a heartbeat. I'll be looking through my pics and contribute.

So, let me get this straight, if you haven't ever been to Colorado, f*** you?

_

Well this is my 5000th post, so the perfectly at 5000 thing is out the window, but at least I'm finally getting a few pictures. I posted this when I was at 4960, so I figured I'd be able to time it right.

Passedpawn, can't wait to see it. So far, you will be #2. I'm hoping to get a few more! And don't post it here!

Wildwest, in so many words, yes ;). I can't exactly pay tribute to Colorado with pictures of Tennessee now can I? I personally have a ton of great pics from my trip to your state though, which is also pretty cool.

Colorado is a beautiful state. It really, really is. I have a cousin who went there on a soul-searching mission after his dad (my uncle) died. He stayed (in Feather Lakes, near Ft. Collins). He got married a year ago, and I rented one of these cool log cabins in at the top of a hill. It was fantastic. My brother (from SanFran, also a homebrewer) met me there and we hiked trails and climbed mountains for a week. Fantastic.

I've also visited Colorado Springs several times (work, plus pleasure). The Broadmoor is a fantastic place to have a convention, with Cheyenne Mt in the background, and jogging at daybreak through Garden of the Gods every day was breathtaking.

Great state.

Bump.

Only two entries. I know there has to be more great Colorado pictures in the hands of members of this forum who might like to have a year of paid membership!

Dahoov, you're Matt right? I just want to make sure I have everyone's pictures under the right names.

For those who sent me more than one picture, I choose my favorite one to be the entry. I'm going to keep this going for a few more days to see if I get any more. Then I'll pick my 3 favorites to post in a poll. If I end up with a lot of entries, I'll pick 5 like I originally planned.

Keep 'em coming! All of the pictures I have so far are great!

i sent you a pic i took of my buddy at lookout mountain or something like that just outside of denver, we went to gabf this was one of the times when we were not drinking.

Last Bump. I'm posting the poll tomorrow after work if I don't get anymore submissions. As it stands I am going to pick 3 pictures out of 5 to be in the poll.

Since I'm not eligible - and because the poll is up, here's a few of my favorite Colorado pictures!

Colo1.jpg

Colo2.jpg

Colo3.jpg

Colo4.jpg

I have so many that it's not even funny, but this is my favorite because it commemorates an awesome camping trip with my Army buddies, 6 years after I got out and moved back to NY.

091407 - Men, Nature, and Liquor!.jpg

I'm sure it's too late for the competition, but I visit family in CO every few years and just love it there. Here's some pics from this summer.
Cheers

102_2961.jpg

102_2981.jpg

102_3005.jpg

103_3629.jpg

Dude, whoever kicked in #1- really, really nice work.

Honestly, my photo was just one I kicked in because I like the story behind how we stumbled across that view. Your photograph is seriously top notch though. ;)

Back