My 20 dollar Craigslist score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjferris

Reaction score
Found an ad for scrap aluminum 20$. includes one beer keg and two small containers. You haul all 3 away for twenty bucks. This is what I got......
b33r.jpg

Not a bad score!!!

ctkunde said:
Are from st. Louis by chance? Just replied to a post with a similar description.

Never mind, posting on iPhone app which doesn't display your location. I see that you are from st. louis...can't believe you snagged that before I could get to it..congrats!! Looks like I have some competition for Craigslist adds in the area.

Never mind, posting on iPhone app which doesn't display your location. I see that you are from st. louis...can't believe you snagged that before I could get to it..congrats!! Looks like I have some competition for Craigslist adds in the area.

LOL yup the one from clayton!!! thats my first REAL bargain craigslist find, I was pissed after missing out on a great deal on a truck that I saw about 2 hrs too late so I just started surfing for beer related items. At least the night wasn't a total loss :) The cornies all need new seals and cleaned out real good, and there is still about half a keg of magic hat left that will need to be dumped as it was sitting in her garage and was about 115 deg, but all in all I was hoping it would be stainless steel goodness when I picked it up instead of aluminum and I was right on my hunch!!!

It's crazy to me that everyone still thinks that kegs are aluminum, oh well works out in your favor. As for the Magic Hat...chill that stuff and have a party!!!!!

Back