My 1st No Chill brew !!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrestler63

Reaction score
Well, just tapped my 1st No Chill beer. What a great beer. A little young but no off flavors, clean, and hoppy. I did an all grain IPA using FWH, 60 min, and 15 min hop additions and pitched a notty slurry from another IPA 18 hrs after brewing. Primary for 2 weeks, secondary for 3 weeks and dry hopped for 6 days.
This is now my process for cold winter months. So glad I gave this a go.
Cheers:tank:

Yeah, I love the no chill. I kind of wish the thought of HAVING to chill my wort never entered my head. It's so much easier this way, and no real downfalls.

I like the idea of no-chill a lot.

What if I went from the brewpot directly into a corny keg and sealed it with CO2. Then the next day I can push it out with CO2 into my fermenter and pitch the yeast.

Does anyone see a downside or risk to doing it this way?

I like the idea of no-chill a lot.

What if I went from the brewpot directly into a corny keg and sealed it with CO2. Then the next day I can push it out with CO2 into my fermenter and pitch the yeast.

Does anyone see a downside or risk to doing it this way?

That will absolutely work. You will need to airate that crap out of it. I have a spigot on my container and drain through a filtered funnel into carbouy and it airates the wort well.
I did a 10g batch of a IIPA last night and pitched rehydrated S-04 yeast at 11am today and it was fermenting by 3pm.
Good Luck:mug:

Back