Music while brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lately I just turn on Pandora and listen to either the Dub Step, Iron Maiden or Rage Against the Machine stations. Sometimes I'll throw in some 90s alternative or gangsta rap.

Usually something chill when brewing like Sublime, and rock/metal when bottling or cleaning but I have been known to change it up to just about anything. When possible my buddy playing guitar and drinking beer while I brew is my favorite.

It must happen for every batch. The yeast in my starter must all hear AC/DC before I pitch them into my newly created wort. Then everything is gonna turn out great.

Jon:rockin:

When I'm not listening to the Jason Ellis Show on SiriusXM Faction I go for Folk/Pagan Metal, usually of the Viking/Celtic persuasion: Amon Amarth, Tyr, Enslaved, Waylander, Cruachan. That's been my jam recently.

Black Metal: Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Mayhem

Sometimes thrash, Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Tankard

Punk, Cancerslug, Rancid, Doom, Discharge, Misfits

Celtic, Boys of the Lough, Planxty, Paul Brady, Andy Irvine

Goregrind: Carcass, Exhumed, Disgorge

other times I go for good ol' Death Metal, Entombed, Suffocation, Death, Obituary or Death Breath

sometimes hip-hop: Immortal Technique, NWA,

Never ever jazz or anything electronic, that is not my jam

Damn, I almost forgot my country/bluegrass roots, sometimes I just gotta put on some Bill Monroe, or Hank Jr. I also have some old-time music that fits brew-day perfectly: The Carolina Chocolate Drops, Richard Bailey & Tammy Rogers, The Dust Busters

I listen to whatever seems fitting, but I always play some James Brown and at least some grateful dead bootleg while brewing.

Last brew day: Sexfist.

I can almost guarantee it's not what you're imagining. They're the Henhouse Prowlers now, but still a bunch of cocks.

For the mash : Rolling Stones (Sticky Fingers), Kinks, Talking Heads, Allman Bros. All improve mash efficiency
For the boil: Van Morrison, Stevie Ray Vaughn : improves hops utilization.
Scientifically proven.

I have to mash in after everyone goes to bed, and boil before anyone wakes up. Shhh. Crickets.

I've got a solid vinyl collection I circulate.

Aqualung, led zep 1,2,3,4 and others, Neil young, steppenwolf, black sabbath, rush! The list goes on. Name it and I probably have it and rock (and brew) to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Roy Davis Jr., Fred Everything, old school freestyle. :D Old school hip hop. G-n-R, Metallica. All of the above!

Pandora... either California Honeydrops, classic rock, slightly stoopid (that's how THEY spell it). Maybe some Richard Cheese, or Tosh.0 and other stand-up stuff..

Sent from my LG-P769 using Home Brew mobile app

More often I have my punk mix or either blues guitar legend or 90's mix Pandora. All depends on what kind of feeling I wanna put in my brew

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Anything from the amity affliction, led zep, Beatles, sevendust all different music to get my day of brewing started..

metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Va2fypVxtY

^ thats what iv been on lately, its pretty insane stuff. brand new too.
its like dillinger escape plan, protest the hero, sikth... but crazier.

if you like that trailer (which is ridiculous, i know) you can find the album streaming online atm

DMB. Sorry I lived in the 90s and have two ears connected to a heart!

Roed Haus Brewery

Last brew had me listening to Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime. Since it would only be appropriate, next brew is all GWAR. Probably Ragnarok.

It is insane cheers for that. I will have to check out more and download it, love heavy stuff especially when brewing beer hahaha.. Thanks again!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Check out Born of Osiris if you havent heard of them.
They are good friends of mine :)

No worries I will check them out later, I'm on afternoon shift at the moment so I will let u know... Rock n roll and metal is music to my ears and new stuff that I havnt heard before is even better. Cheers mate

huh. i guess i dont really listen while brewing. while driving, yes. the last thing i heard to get me in the mood to start the mash was Lucy's Fur Coat, jaundice.
from now on, the ipod and such will be on shuffle.

I also only listen to brewing podcasts when I brew. I also noticed that the only time I whistle, hum or sing a tune, is when I'm in the kitchen cooking or brewing.

The genre depends on what I'm brewing; last IPA The Traveling Wilburys, a stout The Dubliners or Gaelic Storm, last Munich Helles Kraftwerk & etc...

I have listened to born of Osiris and there awesome mate, bloody insane!! I will b looking for that and definitely be cranking it up this weekend for my next brew. I love my lysis and this is something new. Cheers again mate I will talk with you soon......

That was supposed to b I love my music in that sentence mate haha

If you enjoy that type of music, feel free to PM me i could recommend stuff like that all day

Back