Music while brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's become a habit for me to put on a Pandora station based on Ryan Adams. I tend to hear a lot of songs by The Band.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Put a little Mendelssohn on, and the yeasts will be dividing in sync.

Pandora - "classic rock"
Last brew day it kicked out: led zeppelin, Tom petty, eagles, Bon jovi, creedence, to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oooo...that sounds great...must research.

On Ryan Adams? He's a fantastic and prolific songwriter. So many things I could recommend, don't even know where to begin....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

A bit of everything rock, but usually iron maiden, ministry, korn, and a little mc Chris and kmfdm

I never listen to tunes while brewing. I use the time to come up with, and practice, politically correct cussing. This is an especially handy skill when consuming said home brew in polite company. Well, I expect it would be should I ever find polite company to drink home brew with.

Last time I brewed (was down last 5 months from shoulder surgery) during the brew my ipad flashed the news that Lou Reed had died. In honor we cracked some home brews and finished up our batch to Lou Reed "Rock and Roll Animal".

This Saturday will be my first batch of the year, and first batch since surgery. I'll probably jam some Wilco.

I typically go for punk on Spotify when brewing in the garage. (Old) Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion, NOFX, Lars Frederiksen, The Accidents, Kings of Nuthin, etc.

If I'm brewing in the backyard I'll crank up the stereo in the house with some black metal (Watain, Dissection, Gorgoroth), death metal (Amon Amarth, Morbid Angel, Kataklysm), or industrial (KMFDM, Combichrist, Suicide Commando).

I'm pretty sure my HOA has a no Slayer clause somewhere in the 100-page book of covenants so I have to crank them up on occasion too.

Dude that Municipal Waste album is frickin money. Good call there.

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

I often listen to Wicked Tinkers when I brew (Scottish/Celtic/Tribal/Bagpipes). If you like bagpipes, check them out. Great band, and they put on fun shows. They play a lot at Renaissance Fairs, Scottish Games, etc.

I like listening to Brew Strong episodes, or whatever ambient racket nearby critters are going on about.

Back