Murderapolis, MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewslayer

Reaction score
I'm a Minnesotan who spent the last 5 years in Bangor, ME, working at one of the few places to buy homebrew supplies in the state. Now I'm back in the Twin Cities, shy a few carboys that didn't fit in the car for the ride out. I'm an intermediate extract brewer, not new to brewing, just the forums. Looking to improve my extract brew and move into all-grain.

Welcome back to the Great Midwest! Check out Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies for your home brewing needs. They both are among the best when it comes to HBS and they are located in the Twin Cities!

Five years of living in Bangor, ME was enough. One more year in the middle of nowhere, no car, the sky pissing rain on me whenever I got on my bike, all my friends leaving or gone, would have broken me. Great town, just not for me. @DangerRoss, I just went to Midwest and picked up the supplies for a couple easy brews from the Papazian book to get back into the swing of things. Haven't been to Northern Brewer yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

What did you think of Midwest? Northern is building a new store in MN! I can't wait to check it out when it is done!!

Midwest Supplies is great. They have some great employees and obviously most everything you need. My one-stop shop, though the new NB store down on South Lyndale will warrant a visit once in a while.

Welcome back Brewslayer!

I prefer Midwest over NB, just because of the staff. Very helpful and cool guys just to chat with, and the store is huge.

Any updates on when the new NB store is going in? That location is pretty much down the street from my house!

Welcome back ^5.

NB and Midwest both get some of my business. We're lucky here. Not even a flake of snow yet :rockin:

Did you think about trying BIAB as a gateway to going all grain? I tried some partial mash kits with BIAB and it's so easy. Very little extra equipment to buy and you could stay with that setup for as little or as long as you wanted.

Back