Muntons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pogmothoin

Reaction score
Hello to everyone in the homebrewtalk world. I am new to the site and am excited to have discussions with experienced home brewers. My first question (s) is, would it be safe to add a muntons extract kit to another home brew as an attempt to boost the abv. I got a can of their ipa and their bock for Christmas and the instructions for brewing them seems boring and mildly insulting to some one who has home brewed before. Also if it is safe to add the muntons, when should I add it during the boil? Thanks!

Well,I add plain DME to canned LME beer kits,along with some appropriate hops. Or alittle less DME & some sugar to keep things lite. Just don't go too heavy on the sugar. Watch some videos on youtube from Revolutionary brewer. He's on here with a different name. He has a different way of brewing kit cans that looks interesting.
Or even check out my recipes for ideas on how I use Cooper's cans.

I would not personally boil one. The hops are already cooked in there and boiling is going to do something mysterious to them. My experience is that it won't come out right. I'd make a full boil beer and add the can to the flameout or midway during cool down. Or just roll both cans together with some hot water and stir.

Back