Munton's IPA Kit, Please review adds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzersc

Reaction score
Ok, I bought the Munton's Bitter IPA kit just to fill out my cart.

I have left over from previous brews:
3 lbs of LDME
1 oz of Magnum Hops
Safale US-05 yeast

Help me add these for the best possible beer.

Was thinking of a slow hops add over the course of the boil?
Add all 3 lbs? Boil time?

Thanks

If you want it more bitter and hoppy, depending how much you add before 30 minutes.I would plug in what you want your outline to be like ibu's and gravity. If you make it that much bigger in OG you may want to use more yeast also.I would keep your gravity where the amount of yeast you have is sufficient also.
Is that liquid dark malt extract,then?Ldme?Or did you mean LME? Although magnum does not have a real distinct aroma.Magnum is more associated as a bittering hop.

I just want a hoppy IPA. Or best I can get from that kit.

I meant light dry malt extract :)

Well if you add more dme it will get you a stronger beer and you need to adjust your ibu's, like i suggested, if doing this you can either add more hops for stronger bittering flavor and probably dryhopping.If its a stronger beer you can do the same but maybe lean towards more 60 min additions with some of the extract added later some flavoring and late and dry hopping. I would at least try to dry hop some,since you like hoppy beers.You can use tastybrew recipe calc to plug in your recipe to find out your ibu's and stuff.
If i were doing this kit ,and ive never used magnum i think i still would bitter flavor and dry hop with some of it,it may just have a generall hoppy flavor aroma but no distinct character.

Latest posts

Back