Mr. Beer kit on Craigslist - good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iXanadu

Reaction score
Home Brew Kit/ Beer

I currently have 3 fermenters and 3 carboys. There have been times I thought about smaller sample brews. Anyone familiar enough with Mr Beer equipment to offer a comment on this?

Thanks in advance.

I just finished my first batch in Mr.Beer and all I can say is that it works. I think that Mr.Beer is a good kit for a small and/or experimental brew.

price seams a little high on used stuff. i got a mr beer with the 8 pep bottles for $30. if you just want a MR Beer fermenter go to rite aid and see if they have any left, i heard they where $9 after christmas. i wasnt impressed with mine, i dont think i would spend $50 on that when you could get a couple 3 gallon carboys for that price.

Have you read through this thread? It might give you some more information on the Mr. Beer product.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/mr-beer-read-all-about-ask-questions-46360/

Sorry - I'll confess to be a little be lazy (just for this post I promise). Its 100+ pages long, but I did skim for 10 minutes here and there. It almost so unwieldy to be useful (MHO) I am looking at the mrbeer site. I can buy the 2 gallon fermenters for $10 a piece which might be what I should do.

Regardless, I still welcome comments if any are inclined to offer them. I'm especially interested in peripheral uses - or small batches - given I already have a reasonable brewing system.

Based on what I paid for the Mr. Beer that's an okay price, particularly if you're getting two fermenters and the three cans of extract aren't too old. A couple of those cans look like the older style of Mr. Beer extract, but I'm not sure exactly when they changed the design. I think my kit new was about $39 and it came with one can of extract, a booster pack, yeast, one-step sanitizer, one fermenter keg, and eight of the plastic bottles.

I just bought a five gallon setup today from More Beer, but have absolutely NO intention of getting rid of my Mr. Beer. I'll use it for smaller batches and probably even try a few more of their extracts to see if there are any I really like.

Nvr2low's got a good idea. Swing by your local Rite Aid/CVS and see what they have, as I understand they often drastically reduce the price after Christmas. I was going to mention that, if all you want is the fermenter, Mr. Beer sells them on their website, but it looks like you already figured that out.

Latest posts

Back