Moving too fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyD

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch (Brewers Best IPA 6.25% ABV.) on Jan. 5th bottled on the 13th and drank one last night....I know, I know I'm moving to fast and shes not ready for that yet...But it's my first time too and I'm really excited, that's why I brewed another on the side, a Holiday ale from Brewers Best 8.0% ABV.

Anyway the IPA is getting carbonated very well and tastes well pretty damn good...I can't wait for a couple more weeks for it to be fully carbed and conditioned a little.

BTW my Holiday is going to be in primary for 4 weeks then bottles I can hold out on that batch...but it is exciting still...Thanks HBT

Get a pipeline going and it's much easier to be patient. I forget my fermenting beers sometimes! :mug:

thats why I did the holiday that way I can give it proper time then so on and so on

Congrats on your first batch. I had a hard time staying out of my first few batches. It gets easier after you brew a few times.

I did the same thing with my first IPA. I wish i would have waited a few more weeks to drink them because after two more weeks of bottle time they were AMAZEING and i only had a 12pack left.

If you want a fast beer, make a hefeweizen. From brew to belly in two to three weeks.

Back