Movies you know by heart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Office Space and Princess Bride! I can recite them as I watch!

Yeeaah........ I'm gonna need you to get some quotes on here by tomorrow. See we are putting quotes on all the threads we post now so yeaaaaah......

BobbiLynn said:
Office Space and Princess Bride! I can recite them as I watch!

I'd always get a laugh out of doing Snoop Dogg as Lumberg. "one, two three and to the four, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre are kind of at the door, so what I'm gonna need you to do is go ahead back on up, 'cuz we're about to go ahead and, kind of rip sh*t up. Mmmkay? That'd be greaaaaat"

Ah, man! How did I forget about the Blues Brothers?! "We got two honkies out front who look like Hasidic diamond merchants."

Looks like I'm in good company here seeing as my list of movies I know pretty much by heart is similar and the same to most of y'all.

Airplane (1&2)
Naked Gun ( all three, and pretty much any Leslie Nielsen movie)
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura (1&2)
Robin Hood Men in Tights
Canadian Bacon
Who's Harry Crumb
Spies Like Us
The Three Amigos
Loaded Weapon
Down Periscope
Anchorman
The Other Guys
Hot Shots (1&2)

My best friend and I have watched all those to death. Our wives get so mad at us because we pretty much have a movie quote for every situation that usually only we get. They never know what we're talking about.

Apparently a young Mr. T is in the background in the John Lee Hooker scene in the Blues Brothers. (uncredited)

Slapshot
"I rather have them playing with there toys than themselves"
"They're too stupid to play with themselves."

All great movies! I'm +1 to almost all of them but I have to throw in Clerks and Dazed and confused too, we are always at work quoting
"That's what I love about these high school girls, I get older, they stay the same age" and
" 37, my girlfriend sucked 37 d$cks. In a row?"
"Hey Veronica, try not to suck any d$ck on your way to the parking lot!"

Pretty much anything by John Wayne.
Big Jake, Green Berets, true grit.
I should say anything after about 1960 or so.

Christmas Story.

Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl.
It's a Major Award!
Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Because of that movie we have a family tradition of going out for Chinese on Christmas day. Yes, they are open...

Christmas Story.

Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl.
It's a Major Award!

Because of that movie we have a family tradition of going out for Chinese on Christmas day. Yes, they are open...

Our tradition is just to watch the movie at least once during the holidays, but I do recall as a child going to a Chinese restaurant on Christmas day once. I had the peking duck IIRC.

Christmas Story.

It's a Major Award!

the soft glow of electric sex in the window.:rockin:

Bladerunner. "It's a shame she won't live forever... But then again, who does?"
The Breakfast Club. (too many great lines to quote.)
Buckaroo Bonzai. "Remember, no matter where you go... There you are."

Spaceballs. I know most of quite a few movies, but this one is pretty much my favorite. Can't watch without speaking along with it. Whole family, actually. Ok, not my wife.

scottvin said:
Big Lebowski

"What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a f**king beer. He's not taking your f**king turn, Dude"
I get yelled at if I watch the big lebowski to much

I am watching the original (better) Charlie and he chocolate factory, and I remember more of that movie then I remember.

Snatch.

"I'm not here to make a f***ing bet."
"'Preciate it. But. All. Bets. Are. ... Off."

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Pulp Fiction. Snatch. So many more...

Tell me about the f***ing golf shoes! LOVE Fear and Loathing.

Also when I was young, probably 8th grade or so, me and my friends would watch Eddie Murphy Raw. We could recite the enitre show, word for word (and did so, more often than a 13 year old should). We also did the same with an old Richard Pryor cassette tape. The Mudbone stories are still amazing. Little Baby Feets!

I drive my wife nuts with movies like there. The vast majority of Mel Brooks movies but mainly history of the world, spaceballs, and young frankenstein are the ones that I by far know the best. Years ago a couple of my friends and I actually new every single damn word in history of the world. Other than those I know just about every line in Boondock Saints.

I'll add a couple to the great ones mentioned so far.

Major League: "You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?!"
Six Pack: "Drive it 'til you hear glass and smell ****"
Star Wars A New Hope: "Sand people are easily startled, but they be back. And in greater numbers, too."
The Last Starfighter: "Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."
Young Guns: "We're in the spirit world"
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: "God is not on our side because he hates idiots also."

Blazing Saddles

"Don't worry, it's just a man and his horse being hung"
"Mongo just pawn in game of life" (RIP Alex Karras)
"All right, who's got a sh*t load of dimes?"

High Plains Drifter:
"Welcome to Hell."

Taggart: Quicksand! Aw, s***. Now we are in trouble.
Bart: Hmpf. THEY in trouble.

Ghostbusters 1 and 2
Major League
Super Troopers
Big Lebowski
Jaws
Office Space
Endless Summer 1 and 2

Back