Movies you know by heart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love watching movies I know by heart, especially when SWMBO's not around because I love saying the lines along with the movies, but she hates it when I do that. I just finished Monty Python and the Holy Grail and about to fire up Robin Hood Men in Tights. There's a few others I know by heart, but I'll save them for another night.

Two diametrically opposed movies, released 18 and 25 years ago, respectively:

- "Leon" (aka "The Professional" and "Léon: The Professional")
- "Space Balls"

I couldn't count how many times I've seen those two.

My boys and I drove my wife nuts as we'd watch that movie while reciting all the best lines virtually every weekend we were all up at our ski house over the years. I fully intend to similarly corrupt my grandsons as soon as they can appreciate the comedy ;)

And I loaded the director's cut of "Leon" onto my phone last week and watched it all the way through on the flight down to Austin, and again on the way home. One of the most under-appreciated movies of all time, imo...

Cheers!

Two diametrically opposed movies, released 18 and 25 years ago, respectively:

- "Leon" (aka "The Professional" and "Léon: The Professional")
- "Space Balls"

I couldn't count how many times I've seen those two.

My boys and I drove my wife nuts as we'd watch that movie while reciting all the best lines virtually every weekend we were all up at our ski house over the years. I fully intend to similarly corrupt my grandsons as soon as they can appreciate the comedy ;)

And I loaded the director's cut of "Leon" onto my phone last week and watched it all the way through on the flight down to Austin, and again on the way home. One of the most under-appreciated movies of all time, imo...

Cheers!

Nice! I've never seen Leon, but Space Balls is a classic. I don't know it by heart, but I know a lot of it. One my friend's knows it by heart and proves it every time it comes up in conversation.

Caddyshack and Strangebrew. Seen 'em both hundreds of times.

"Geez you're real nice eh....if I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you"

Caddyshack and Strangebrew. Seen 'em both hundreds of times.

"Geez you're real nice eh....if I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you"

I like both of those, but don't have either of them memorized. In fact, I've never seen Strangebrew all the way through. I should get on that.

I love Life of Brian great movie I´ve seen it 1000 times.
The Godfather (all of them) also
Clockwork Orange
Those three are the ones I´ve watched the most.
Plus The Wall movie that is by far the movie that I´ve watched the most.

Another vote for Young Frankenstien. Hell, all of the Mel Brooks movies - Blazing Saddles, History of the World, The Producers, Spaceballs, etc.

Dumb and Dumber "Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to the medical school? I'm supposed to be giving a lecture in twenty minutes and my driver's a bit lost.'

Forrest Gump - "Hello, my name's Forrest, Forrest Gump. You want a chocolate?" I could eat about a million and a half of these. My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I'm right there with you on Monty Python and the Holy Grail...one of my favorites! Also:

Excalibur - "Behoooold...the sword of power. Excalibur"
Full Metal Jacket - "What is your major malfunction, numbnuts??!!"

And to think I still joined the Marines after memorizing FMJ...go figure :cross:

I haven't seen Animal house on here yet " son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life".
The great escape gotta love Steve McQueen in a comedy / drama.
The original National Lampoon's Vacation.

Blues Brothers
Animal House
Full Metal Jacket
Apocalypse Now
Kelly's Heroes
Ferris Bueller
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation

Home alone
Home alone 2
National lampoons christmas vacation
Superbad
Step brothers
Wedding crashers
Happy gilmore
Billy madison
Major league 1 and 2

I'm a sucker for animated movies. Favorite has to be kung fu panda, seen it too many times to count and can quote the whole thing. Me and my brother probably could have quoted the whole thing without the movie playing after it came out.

Only other one that come to mind is princess bride which is the best, now I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

Latest posts

Back