• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts Mosaic Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. Left iTrader feedback as well.

Plans for my 2# are as yet undecided. Most likely brewing a triple threat... Blonde, Pale Ale and IPA... Maybe even an IIPA.

I'm thinking 5 gallon SMASH with Maris Otter and Mosaic, lots in the boil and some dry hopped in secondary.

I also think a hoppy wheat sort of like 3F Gumballhead would be awesome with Mosaic. I just brewed a clone with Amarillo. Heck, I may try one with a mix of both. I haven't tasted a Mosaic pellet yet, but the Amarillo were awesome.

I am doing what I am calling an Oil Can IPA. Hop oil only in boil and a healthy dose (16 oz) of Simcoe, Mosaic, Chinook, Summit and Citra between the steep and the DH.

I'm thinking 5 gallon SMASH with Maris Otter and Mosaic, lots in the boil and some dry hopped in secondary.

I also think a hoppy wheat sort of like 3F Gumballhead would be awesome with Mosaic. I just brewed a clone with Amarillo. Heck, I may try one with a mix of both. I haven't tasted a Mosaic pellet yet, but the Amarillo were awesome.

You're thinking well. I have been wanting to do the same after trying a friend's beer with Citra and Maris Otter. As simple as it was, it was one of my favorite beers ever.

I'm going with Golden Promise for my smash, but I have enough Mosaic to try Maris Otter next!

I'm thinking similar, but different. :D

MO, but with a little victory malt and a tiny bit of crystal 20L, a wee bit of magnum at 60 for bittering, and then loads of mosaic at 15/5/whirlpool/dryhop.

Back