Morebeer Will Not Get Another Order!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pol

Reaction score
from me...

I have never had an issue with them until this last order, and they have been so abismal, I am finished with them. ORDER CANCELED...

WHO WANTS MY MONEY? It is up for grabs... More Beer = More Problems...

Been 12 days since my order was placed (I fly a lot, dont keep track of days, til now). So I am like, WTF? I look on thier site and they are out of LEAF Cascade that I ordered, I presume this is why my WHOLE order is being held up. No call, no notification... no OPTION from them to swap to pellet hops... no communication at all. SO, how long would I have waited? 3 weeks? 3 months? Without a call?

MOREBEER sucks... I pitty the fool who orders from them. I did for years, never again. Apparently they did not appreciate the hundreds of dollars I spend there yearly... someone else will, I am sure.

Sorry guys, no brewing vid on the E-HERMS... I DONT HAVE INGREDIENTS! Thanks to MOREBEER... or should I say NOBEER!

RANT OVER...

Screw me once, that will be the last time. Call me fickle... or just call me a consumer. They work for me right? I am paying them, right? Well, I guess I am not now.

Sorry about the delay on the vids guys... once I find a new supplier that will not leave me hanging, I will get back to it.

Thanks to those willing to get cascades to me... problem is, NoBeer didnt ship me anyting, so I need grain, yeast, orange peel, coriander... etc.

Seems this is a common problem with MoreBeer, holding an entire order for a single small ingredient that may be out of stock.

Okay, so I send these idiots an email about this order... and I get a response that... oh, I looked into it, we are holding the order for the leaf cascades that are out of stock, we can cancel it OR ship the rest of the order..."

YOU ARE SITTING ON 100 POUNDS OF CASCADE PELLET HOPS AND YOU DONT EVEN MENTION A POSSIBLE SUBSTITUTION? They really are idiots, I cancelled. I am dumbfounded...

Yeah, I just read a thread yesterday where someone had a $200 order hang because of a pack of dry yeast they were out of.

Sorry to hear about that pol, I don't think I could count the number of times I have read you giving them high praise.

from me...

I have never had an issue with them until this last order, and they have been so abismal, I am finished with them. ORDER CANCELED...

WHO WANTS MY MONEY? It is up for grabs... More Beer = More Problems...

Been 12 days since my order was placed (I fly a lot, dont keep track of days, til now). So I am like, WTF? I look on thier site and they are out of LEAF Cascade that I ordered, I presume this is why my WHOLE order is being held up. No call, no notification... no OPTION from them to swap to pellet hops... no communication at all. SO, how long would I have waited? 3 weeks? 3 months? Without a call?

MOREBEER sucks... I pitty the fool who orders from them. I did for years, never again. Apparently they did not appreciate the hundreds of dollars I spend there yearly... someone else will, I am sure.

Sorry guys, no brewing vid on the E-HERMS... I DONT HAVE INGREDIENTS! Thanks to MOREBEER... or should I say NOBEER!

RANT OVER...

Sounds to me like Morebeer.com has some 'splaining to do........... I have never had a problem with them.. yet....

I told them... I GAVE YOU ALL OF MY BUSINESS!!! I DEFENED YOU WHEN OTHERS WERE COMPLANING ABOUT YOU... and now this? I am also getting into coffee roasting at home, WAS going to buy from them. Um, definately not now. Anyone know another coffee roasting vendor???

Who the hell offers to CANCEL an order WITHOUT asking of PELLET CASCADES are ok?

I am also getting into coffee roasting at home, WAS going to buy from them. Um, definately not now. Anyone know another coffee roasting vendor???

Sweet Marias FTW.

You won't be disappointed. Tom definitely knows how to pick his lots of beans and his cupping notes really help choose origin coffees.

Sweet, thanks...... down with NOBEER....

Sweet, thanks...... down with NOBEER....

Sure, sorry about your troubles with B3. I've been homeroasting for a month now; it rules.

Like homebrewing, you can get as tricked out as you like with your system or KISS.

I am leaning toward Eds place... he has flat rate shipping, and HE ACTUALLY SHIPS ORDERS... many times the same day I hear. It will be him or Midwest...

I second Brewmaster' Warehouse. It's nice to be able to order in smaller increments instead of by the pound.

Man, I had the same problem, Pol. SAME problem. Twice.

I had my cart all full for the Whirlpool IC build. A pretty penny, by my terms---a few hundred bucks. Everything showed as in stock. Placed the order. Two days later, it still showed as "in warehouse not picked". Hmm. So, I get this e-mail telling me that because their "in stock" brass MPT-barb fitting wasn't actually "in stock", they held my entire order up.

So, I cancel the order, replace the brass fitting with the more expensive stainless one because I'm impatient, and place the order again.

Another day, another held up order. This time, the "in stock" weldless bulkhead/valve assembly was not "in stock". Well, I said, this is the last time I deal with you fukkers. I wrote them a nasty e-mail, put up a thread on the other forum named "Morebeer Can EAT MY ASS", and then proceeded to order the stuff from NB...where it actually ended up being cheaper. Ha!

They responded, finally, a few days later, admitting that their inventory system was trash, and that it was the #1 priority of 2009 to fix it. They then offered to send the order without the bulkhead assembly, then ship it for free once it arrived. Well, that did me no good, because I'm impatient. Not really a "solution" to my problem, just a load.

So at least they admit that it sucks, but I'm sorry---there are too many reputable OHBS's out there to fukk around with these *****ebags anymore. Once, I could deal with, but twice, on the same order, well...sorry, dumbasses. You lose. NB wins. Suck on it.

No LHBS in Indianapolis? Or is all the traveling what makes you order online?

Oh yeah, we have a LHBS... $2/lb for grain, $4/oz for hops...

I will never shop there again either...

Yeah, NoBeer sucks... thier problem isnt inventory management, it is lack of common sense.

Cmon, a guy orders LEAF Cascades and you dont even THINK to offer him PELLET Cascades?

No call, no substitution offer... nothing. Thier problems reach much farther than inventory management.

Well, I cannot even price my stuff at Brewmasters Warehouse... they dont have coriander, or orange peel... so MIDWEST is the winner by default! They are the only ones with the ingredients! Ha ha... lucky day for them!

I like Midwest a lot. I've probably ordered from them 10 times and only had a problem with them once, which eventually sorta worked out in my favor anyway.

They are also the cheapest I've found so far, especially on bulk grain.

Haven't used More Beer, can't say one way or other about them, but it doesn't sound good. Austin Homebrew generally has/had everything I've wanted, and were quick, but I've gotten some rather curt emails from them in response to basic questions about stock, etc -- so never again.

Midwest and Northern Brewer are my go to. I'm also fortunate in that I have a well-equipped LHBS, so I do go there when the trip isn't inconvenient.

At the very least, I'd think about buying hops in bulk from either HopsDirect or Freshops.

Yeah, I just read a thread yesterday where someone had a $200 order hang because of a pack of dry yeast they were out of.

Sorry to hear about that pol, I don't think I could count the number of times I have read you giving them high praise.

That was me. Finally recieved order today after calling and asking for the order to be sent without the missing item. The free shipping and the daily special was the draw for me. I will not order from them again,unless its a smoken deal and I dont need it for a month.

Ahhh **** Pol, i'm sorry to hear about this. I think it does boil down to lack of common sense on their part. Customer service is KEY to any business and those who get bad service... tend to let 9 other people know. Well in this case, an entire community now knows. I guess i feel a bit lucky since i live so close to more beer but since you've been burned, i feel bad and wonder where there heads are at.

So just say the word Pol and i'll go Ranger on'em...... i still got the skills (and of course i'm kidding)

I gotta say, that I feel for you guys that are forced to do mail order at all.. Everything is so much nicer with a well stocked LHBS.. Fortunately, I have several local shops to choose from and they *USUALLY* have what I need.. It must cost you guys a lot more per brew when you add in the shipping charges.. I used to have to order from the internet and I gotta tell you.. I dont miss it..

I never had any problems with B3 always great service. I will continue to buy from them as I do Midwest,N. Brewer and others. Chris Gram has always helped me.

I am spoiled because my LHBS are Midwest and Northern Brewer. They are both excellent but I prefer Northern Brewer. Maybe a Ford vs Chevy thing...

I never had any problems with B3 always great service. I will continue to buy from them as I do Midwest,N. Brewer and others. Chris Gram has always helped me.

But don't you see the inhearent issue here?? Pol has been waiting for this stuff to make brewing videos for this site. B3 could have sent a simple email or phone call and this problem would have been solved. It's bad business on there part.

Exactly Stile, they are idiots!

#1 never informed me of the OUT OF STOCK on the hops
#2 never shipped the rest of my order
#3 NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT CONTACTING ME TO SUBSTITUTE PELLET HOPS FOR THE LEAF IN THE SAME VARIETY!!!!!! Two weeks, two weeks I waited.

NIKO just got an order for a pound of hops, and Midwest just got an order for a bunch of grain... Buh Bye NoBeer

Who wouldnt call to see if they could sub pellet for leaf hops in the same variety? Oh, I know... NoBeer

Well, I can't say I was happy with my first dealings with MoreBeer. They did send me an email that my order had a BO on it and hence did not ship.
Called them, ordered something they had in stock.. alas they didn't send anything that was on my initial order... so after I got the 2nd order I called them back to have them ship what they had. They did and in both cases the shipments arrived quick as I"m a west coaster.
However I did take the opportunity to cancel any B.O items and order elsewhere. Now the items that they had on B.O are already at my house!
Thanks to the other suppliers.

I'd love to buy more locally but Seattle or Portland isn't close for stopping buy and my LHBS the beer part is the small part of their business, But they do have a nice supply of the essentials. So I may not have to order much but more Kegs from anywhere else.
I've had great support from Midwest and ok from Keg Connection (my tower came in... needs repolishing as it's very tarnished) guess I have to get some polish as I'm not sending it back and waiting a 3 weeks for the return...

Sometimes calling is best so that there is a full understanding and expectation of what the supplier is going to provide.

Pol, check with Ed first, I know he was sourcing that kind of stuff last saturday as I was sharing suds with him, give him an opportunity. If he dosent have them, he will at least let yuh know. Sometimes he answers my emails immediately.

I had a similair problem When i first moved out West i was using Austin HOmebrew but More Beer seemed closer i gave them a try ordered some grain and other things they held my order up because a spoon was out of stock over a month before they shipped never again. Ive also had an issue at Austin so i swtched to Midwest and Luckiliy even tho its a bit expensive we have a local shop so between the local shop for odds and ends and Midwest i think im good now. Sorry to hear about all this Pol.

I already ordered from Midwest... they have the stuff I need in stock, good prices and they show it on thier site. I have waited (2) weeks already for these ingredients, I cannot wait any longer.

I will spend (8) days at home this entire month, my time is valuable to me. If it is not listed on a vendors website, it matters little if they have it in stock, because I cannot order it in a timely fashion. Within (2) days I will have my Midwest stuff, and I will have my bulk hops from Niko by the time I return home from this trip.

It is unfortunate that this happened, I have been MOREBEERS biggest supporter on HBT from what I have seen in the past. Now I join the ranks of the mistreated. I am still surprised that some of you got emails about the BO's???? I didnt get squat... Maybe if these guys had a total of 8 days at home during an entire month, they would understand the concept of timely shipping OR correspondence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back