MoreBeer shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befus

Reaction score
Ordered some stuff,and qualified for the free shipping rate. I was wondering what the actual time frame for this type was? I know what the site says, but wondered what real times some of you might have experienced on orders you placed with them. Can't tell I am wanting to brew can you :D

I am in Denver, CO and it takes about 3 days from when it's shipped to get to me. Plus you can expect up to 4 days for them to gather your order. My last order was placed on February 12th. I received it on February 21st. So 6 business days total for 31 lbs of grain, a hydrometer jar, a packet of Safale S-04 and a couple other small items.

Didn't think this would be my first post but whatever who cares lol. I got my entire kit from them back a few months ago that include 8 gal pot, bottle bucket, carboy, chiller, bottles and a bunch of other stuff (5 huge boxes total). It took exactly 14 days from the time I ordered it till it arrived but I'm in NH so total opposite sides of the country. That 14 days also included weekends but I didn't care because it was free shipping. Had I had to pay shipping it would have been more than half what I paid for the kit. Good luck they are a great company to deal with.

I have found they usually ship within 3 or 4 days. I live in N CA only about 60 miles form them so I get my stuff the day after it ships. To me it seems taht the free shiping orders go out on thursdays. Not sure if this is policy but it is my observation.

They take their sweet time handling it. It will be shipped on Wednesdayish. I would get it in 2 days from that so one week to 10 days for me.

Last time I ordered it took 10 to 14 days. Time before that it was over a month due to a backorder. I do most of my shopping at northern brewer$7.99 shipping but I have never had to wait more than 7 days for my order. most times it is here in 5 days.
This is just my personal expierence.

yeah, takes about 3 o 4 days to process and I live in Ohio so its 5 days of ground transportation. Needless to say its just to long to wait plus I think they are kinda pricey.

I live in the same state as MoreBeer (couple hundred miles away) and the free shipping always takes forever. Add 3 days to whenever you think it may arrive and you'll be close. At least it's free!

Mpjay

For a long time I would order from Morebeer in the morning and It would be here the next afternoon (I live in central CA),and it was free if over $70. But for the last 18 months It hasn't gotten to me until the afternoon of day four from ordering. Not a big deal tho, I just Order Monday morning and it"s here on Thursday afternoon. I've spent thousands there now. Good guys.

I order from them occasionally. They take their sweet time on the free shipping orders. But I am not complaining as its free. As long as you don't need it in a hurry it's great.

It takes about 2 weeks from the time I order till it hits my door in PA.

I can't say enough good things about more beer though. For free shipping, their packaging is great and their prices on the whole are consistently cheaper than northern brew.

They get two thumbs up from me but you have to order in advance if you need something.

Thanks guys. The free shipping is what got my attention, but I ordered Tuesday the 21st and as of today the order hasn't even been pulled. Best I can hope is it will ship Monday and thus I might get it in time to brew next weekend. It did seem to me that their prices were about the best overall (tho opinions seem varied). Way better than the Home Brewery and some better than N.B. and Austin. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but they seem to be intentionally delaying free shipping orders like they don't want you to use it. Don't know how that would serve their interests, but oh well. I'll either order well in advance or use someone else next time.

Not being close to any LHBS I've grown to rely on MoreBeer for nearly all of my supplies. When buying 50-70 lbs of base grains, it's difficult to beat their 10 lb. packages at just over a $1.00/lb. including the shipping. The 10 pounders are much easier to handle, store, and keep fresh, too.

Some of their specialty grains are slightly more expensive, and I'll sometimes get those from other sources such as Brewmasters. I'll agree that getting the orders "picked" and out the door is a bit slow sometimes, but it seems to me that it's been better of late. They are good about warning you when a shipment may be delayed for one reason or another.

I know I'm late getting to this post, but I referenced it while waiting for my order so I thought others might as well.

I placed an order on MoreBeer.com and qualified for the free shipping. It arrived a day sooner than the tracking number predicted.. I ordered pretty late in the evening on Thursday 12/18, the expected arrival was Tuesday 12/23, the package arrived today 12/22. I am in Southern California so I certainly live closer than other people, but still I am very satisfied with the speed of shipment.

Cheers!

I've ordered in mid-afternoon from them, before 5PM that is to say, & gotten it first thing the next morning here in NE Ohio. They have a warehouse this side of PA someplace. Really fast for me?

Qaulified for the free shipping and had my stuff in Texas from California four days later... I'm fine with that... I've ordered from them five times now and its always been 4-5 days total from ordering

Nothing but positive reviews from them here. I usually order on a Sunday from them, and have it by Thursday or maybe Friday. I live in Spokane, Wa so a significant distance. Much quicker than NB, about the same distance.

mike

Well, considering the original posts are coming up on 3 years old now, looks like Morebeer has improved their shipping speed.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back