MoreBeer Deal of the Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's Deal of the Day is especially noteworthy. I'm glad I remembered to check :)

Tom

GilaMinumBeer said:
That has GOT to be an April fools.

Ummmm. "Powdered Alcohol".......GTFO

Actually.....I think ethanol can be put in a powdered form. I'm not sure about that though. :)

Today's special is a 26 gallon brew kettle for $150. Pretty fair deal if you are brewing at that volume. 15 left

Under specifications for the kettle it says it's a 8 gallon, 32 quart pot. So is it 26 or 8 gallons. I'd hate to order a 26 gallon pot and have a little 8 show up. Not that I could use 26g or pay $150 for an 8g.

I could use a 26g...but I'd hate to see what shipping is...

edit: free shipping? Wow! If I wasn't going to france soon, and I hadn't spent $140 on grain and yeast last week...I'd be all over that.

If it wasn't $70 shipping to Canada, I'd have that. Or if they even gave me the equivalent of their free shipping towards the total shipping.

Iechyd Da said:
Under specifications for the kettle it says it's a 8 gallon, 32 quart pot. So is it 26 or 8 gallons. I'd hate to order a 26 gallon pot and have a little 8 show up. Not that I could use 26g or pay $150 for an 8g.

That is the same description for the 15g they had a few days ago. I got the 15g on Monday and it is 15g they just cut adn past the description. Nice pot, very heavey and a hellof a deal for the price.

Mike

drez77 said:
That is the same description for the 15g they had a few days ago. I got the 15g on Monday and it is 15g they just cut adn past the description. Nice pot, very heavey and a hellof a deal for the price.

Mike

I bought the 15 gallon also... and its beautiful. Extremely heavy duty. Sometimes their generic descriptions overlay the real ones. Go with what it says on the DOD banner.

I knew it. All the deals lately have started sucking. As soon as I stop checking though.....it'll be something awesome and I'll miss it. See, that's how they get ya :D

I know. :( I keep checking every night for another deal like that. I'm looking for a kettle in the 15 gallon range.

Deals sucking? You mean, like

Wine Gift Bag
GF118

Gift bag made from the bark of the Mulberry Tree, the same material that the Budhist Monks used to scroll their writtings hundreds of years ago. The bag is soft to the touch but remarkably durable.

I *almost* bought a counterpressure bottle filler the other day, but didn't have time to check whether it was REALLY worth the $30 or not (some people seem to think they're next to worthless). I can't complain that the deals aren't ALL outstanding (I mean, there's only so much excess inventory)... but wine gift bags? ;)

C'mon Bird...you KNOW the BMBF is the way to go.......

They could make a killing off me if they could just give me an *excuse* to buy. Last time I bought the deal of the day (morebeer hoodie) I ended up spending 4 times what the item cost....

the_bird said:
Deals sucking? You mean, like

I *almost* bought a counterpressure bottle filler the other day, but didn't have time to check whether it was REALLY worth the $30 or not (some people seem to think they're next to worthless). I can't complain that the deals aren't ALL outstanding (I mean, there's only so much excess inventory)... but wine gift bags? ;)

I'm sure you could use them for beer too.... :p

Damn, I gotta check this way early in the morning I guess... I've been checking it off and on since I read this thread. Today they had .5 micron aeration stones for 5$. I plan on getting one and this seemed like a great deal. Unfortunately they ran out at that price before 10 am on the west coast :(

Whoa, they have a 15 gallon stainless steel brew pot on there right now with ball valve attached... $100. !! Not bad....

Brew Dude said:
Whoa, they have a 15 gallon stainless steel brew pot on there right now with ball valve attached... $100. !! Not bad....

The HAD a 15gallon SS pot...that's one of the previous deals. Man, wish I saw that one.

Back