Morebeer CA supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtvann

Reaction score
I've been ordering from morebeer nearly exclusively for the past 4 years. They seem to be by far the best in my area for price, shipping and timeline. In the past 4 years I can really only remember 2 times that the exact item I wanted wasnt in stock in their CA warehouse, causing shipping to come from their east coast facility.

The last 4 orders in a row for me have been no different than my previous years ingredients, and at least 1 or 2 items has been out of stock causing the shipment to come partially or fully from the east coast.

Wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same. Is it a random run of bad luck on my part? Is it seasonally based where inventory is low and prices are high? ( 1 lb of simcoe hops costing 30 dollars). Just curious.

Also, since I've been shopping morebeer, I've never used anyone else. I check northernbrewer, midwest, ritebrew, and adventuresinhomebrew. All were either out as well (wlp820 or specific hops) or shipping was prohibitive.

Any feedback?

I used morebeer a lot . Most of the time it was available in California. I live in kern county. Only a couple times it came from the east coast . Thankfully a HBS opened up about 30 miles from my house so they get my business. Which I really like the guys who own it and hope their business grows because I like just driving over and getting what I need . If I do have to order online I prefer morebeer . Or I can see if they can get a certain item which they've obliged. Do you not have a LHBS near you?

im guessing its just coincidental. They have to spread the inventory between two coasts, and stuff like hops, grains, salts, etc all have to be broken down from bulk packaging to retail sizes. Sometimes they’re out of 2oz bags, but have 1lb available. Or have 5lb but no 8oz.

As for yeast, it comes from the labs and probably arrives with a giant order of dozens of strains. The lab probably sends it all at once, as opposed to a dozen of this and then a dozen of that.

I used morebeer a lot . Most of the time it was available in California. I live in kern county. Only a couple times it came from the east coast . Thankfully a HBS opened up about 30 miles from my house so they get my business. Which I really like the guys who own it and hope their business grows because I like just driving over and getting what I need . If I do have to order online I prefer morebeer . Or I can see if they can get a certain item which they've obliged. Do you not have a LHBS near you?

Nope, no lhbs. Closest one to me as about 4 hours away. You guys have a nice brewery there at Kern River Brewing.

I ordered a bunch of 5-10# misc grains during their 15% sale a bit back. I am in Sacramento ca. 1.5 hours from their warehouse, 2 hours from concord corp office.
Two boxes in the shipment, both from PA. Took over a week. Uggh. Free tho.

Usually i get all from CA warehouse except the one item from PA.
Probably due to weight of grain they broke it up.

Maybe they have a new logistics manager or software that has identified the cost savings in shipping entire order from one warehouse?

i started getting my yeast from my lhbs. I like that i can see the dates and not have to pay $6 just to try to keep it cool.

Also- moreflavor inc IS probably the largest owner of home brew supplies- they own brewmaster and many other house brand names.
So even if you buy from lhbs you still help them... lol.

Is it seasonally based where inventory is low and prices are high? ( 1 lb of simcoe hops costing 30 dollars). Just curious.

Also, since I've been shopping morebeer, I've never used anyone else. I check northernbrewer, midwest, ritebrew, and adventuresinhomebrew. All were either out as well (wlp820 or specific hops) or shipping was prohibitive.

The order would still come from the east coast but Atlantic Brew Supply has 1# simcoe for $18.99 and wlp820 in stock. They offer $8 flat rate shipping up to $125 then it’s free.

Edit: Also... If you're a new customer, you can use code NoBS for an additional 15% off.

Last edited:
That sucks . Kern river brewing is good . If your ever in Bakersfield check out Lengthwise.

Been there too. It's been about a year and a half since I came through that way. Have moved out to eastern Nevada and dont make it out that way anymore.

Been there too. It's been about a year and a half since I came through that way. Have moved out to eastern Nevada and dont make it out that way anymore.
If you can, drive a little north to Turloc and Dust Bowl... their new brewery is gorgeous. Beer's pretty danm good, too

I was just in Monterey and there is a Dust bowl there as well. It was too packed . Dust bowl is definitely on my list!

Latest posts

Back