More noob questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobrap

Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone who has shared their knowledge and experience here! Plus, this has to be the most civil forum I read :tank:

Anyways, I'm about 90% finished with my Keezer and now I need some fittings and hose. Some of the things I'd like to know are:

Does it really matter if your fittings (i.e. tailpieces) are stainless? Or is more of a personal preference.

I was going to order 3/16" I.D. Clear Vinyl Hose from Micro Matic, and wondered if Lowes type air hose would do.

I have a Dry Irish Stout and a Hobgoblin clone in the jugs and I'm really looking forward to kegging.:) Any thought s and/or advice is really appreciated. Thanks

As far as the hose goes 3/16 is good but get it from brew store. As I understand it must be made for liquid dispensing. I think the inside is nice and smooth, as not to create disruptions. ?? Something like that.

And for the tail piece nuts that secure the line to the tail piece, get the ones with the wings so you don't need a wrench. Really handy!

Well, with respect to the Hobgoblin, please report back. I keg mine next weekend or thereabouts so am curious to hear how others do.

B

Latest posts

Back