MN Brewers Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmflash88

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some input on the kits at Brew and Grow in St Louis Park vs the NB kits? NB has lots of reviews from far and wide whereas BnG has much less. I went in there today and the people seem nice as well as being closer to my home than NB. Just curious. Thanks all!

I haven't tried there but I have purchased many from Midwest supplies which is also in St Louis Park at 5825 Excelsior Blvd and has a very large store. As long as they have fresh ingredients I am sure kits from Brew and Grow would be fine too. But also check out Midwest Supplies they have a great selection.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Home Brew mobile app

Midwest = NB now right? Or is that just from a .com and distribution standpoint? My office is 5min from NB on Grand so I've gone there many times. I really liked the vibe at Brew and Grow. It shows that it's a small, family run place. Prices are good and the recipes look decent for kits but NB has far more to choose from. What the hell. I guess I'll just pick one up and see how it turns out.

OOPS... I just realized my clerical error. BnG is in Spring Lake Park not St Louis Park. Big difference lol.

OOPS... I just realized my clerical error. BnG is in Spring Lake Park not St Louis Park. Big difference lol.

That would make a difference. If you do pick one up let us know how it turns out.

I don't think Midwest and Northern Brewer are too integrated yet. Maybe just for website order shipping. Case in point, I wanted a specific 10 gallon Kettle from the Minneapolis Northern Brewer and they said they didn't have it in stock in either location. I left called Midwest who had the same one and they had several in stock so I went there to buy it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Home Brew mobile app

BnG is a great little store. I feel like their yeast can sometimes be on the older side and I would want to make sure their LME is fairly fresh before buying a bunch of it. Its closer to me than the other two, so its my go to stop for caps, additives, fittings, etc.

I usually drive down to Midwest for my next 4 or 5 batches of ingredients. I used to order my kits from NB, when I still did that. Always had good luck with all 3 actually.

Back