Mmmmm, homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empyrean

Reaction score
Greetings, just joined so I can post and converse.

Just looking into the topic of homebrewing, planning to start my first batch this winter and do a lot of studying on it before hand as well as getting the equipment together.

It is pretty hot where I'm at so without a refrigerator to dedicate to fermenting, I also need to wait until it cools down a little bit. 100F temps outside are not helpful!

Any suggestions on how to go about getting started are appreciated, I really haven't done any type of brewing or anything similar before. It sounds like it would be good to get ProMash software and maybe a book or two on homebrewing in the meantime. Oh well, enough rambling, back to the locally brewed Black Lager!

Get Palmer's book, How to Brew. And plan on a Steam(r)/California common/bastard ale for your first one, as they can ferment at 75F. You won't have to wait so long.

Back