Minifridge for a 3 tap kegerator build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dienster

Reaction score
I've searched around but can't find a fridge recommendation that will hold 3 cornies. Anyone know of one?

thanks,
Steve

For that project, you might wanna look into building a keezer. It'd have to be a pretty big mini fridge to hold all of that.

I do a 2.5 keg fridge. I use the fridgidaire and place a 3 gallon and my 5lb co2 on the hump. Tight fit but it works.

I have the Haier model. Purchased a scratch and dent model off ebay, and added my own tower. The cost for me was considerably less than the BevFactory price. I actually installed the refer undercounter so the minor cosmetic defects don't show and don't bother me. I have been very happy with it so far.

I got a Danby from Home Depot about a month ago and it fits a 5 pound C02 and 3 cornies. It's 5.8 cu ft.

Would rather have something small and portable.

A small chest freezer is no less portable than a large mini-fridge. I have three sanyo 4912's that i use for fermenting/condition and they are quite large.

Gritsak said:
A small chest freezer is no less portable than a large mini-fridge. I have three sanyo 4912's that i use for fermenting/condition and they are quite large.

You are probably right, I just know myself and would probably end up with a 6 tap keezer with room to lager a batch or two instead of a small one. It really it isnt that much more work/$$ to do a 6 tap versus a 3 tap keezer.

You are probably right, I just know myself and would probably end up with a 6 tap keezer with room to lager a batch or two instead of a small one. It really it isnt that much more work/$$ to do a 6 tap versus a 3 tap keezer.

Sounds like you've talked yourself into it :mug:

Alternatively, there's always the option of adding a collar to a mini fridge.

Something like this:
dsc0168g.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/mini-fridge-collar-fermentation-chamber-179102/

Though I don't know that you'd get 3 cronies in it still PLUS you're just creating a bigger footprint by doing so.

My votes for the keezer. I considered using a mini fridge when building my kegerator because floor space was precious in my one bedroom apartment but said screw it and went big-ish and I don't regret it at all. My keezer started with 2 kegs, now there's three and room still for a 4th.

put a sleeve on it, but any more than 2 cornys in a fridge that has a door instead of a lifting bit will annoy the hell out of anyone.

Latest posts

Back