Mini fridge keggerator expansion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77punx

Reaction score
HI guys, I have a mini fridge that I use right now with a draft tower on top. I had to cut out some of the plastic on the inside and remove some of the insulation foam to fit 2 kegs.
I am building a bar in my garage. My plans are to build a larger enclosure off the side (the same method as the fermentation chamber builds) and place it under the bar with a draft tower that recirculates the air via a fan. The size will be roughly 3 times the size of the original fridge (instead of 2 kegs it will be able to house 6.
I know this subject has been driven into the ground with fermentation chambers, and keeping temp for fermentation, but do you guys think I will be okay with that much space at serving temps? 40 -45 degrees? right now if I put my fridge on full blast it will freeze my 2 kegs. I live in Southern California, so during the summers I expect it to run all day. Thoughts?

Heres a little more info. The reason Im doing this rather than a chest freezer is so I will have the ability to open from the front because it will be under the bar. The fridge is the type that has the freezer on the top and I just bent the cooling tray down. Original cubic feet is 3.5 and I will be building a new enclosure that has a total space of 8.75 cubic feet. I feel that with very good insulation I should be good to go?

Back