Mini Digital Temperature Controller?! <$30?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCBrewin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

Long time follower/reader, first post.

I am in the never-ending process of upgrading my equipment and I stumbled upon this piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Digital-Te...Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item1e5fff7fce

Has anyone ever used these? Its less than $30 shipped. According to the listing (which has minimal information) it measures temperature, displays digital readout and allows the control of both a heating element and a cooling element. The only drawback that I can see is that it is rated at 10A max, which I imagine a brewer could outgrow rather quickly. This could of course always be expanded with the appropriate AC relay...

I was about to start assembling part for a DIY thermostat temp controller when I saw this. What are your thoughts?? I need a temp controller and I hope this is not too good to be true. Also - its in C*, but who cares, right?

Cheers!

You guys are awesome... guess I should reach for the search button a little more, but I just got so excited!

Ordered!

Thanks again!

Don't worry about it. They should get rid of the search key. Another member called me a Dick for suggesting the use of the search key.

Latest posts

Back