Mini CO2 charger for corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry_P

Reaction score
Do any of you have experience with one of these gizmos? I want to start kegging my beer, but I'm short on space and thought something like this along with a 2.5 gallon keg or two might be a good option. They sell $20 plastic ones, but this one looked a little nicer since it's metal and has a regulator of sorts.

s-l1600.jpg

You would use 10 or so of the little cannisters to purge, carbonate and serve a 2.5gal keg. You can carbonate with priming sugar in a keg to get that ratio down but you would still use 3-4 i would imagine.

Personally I would be more tempted to use a sodastream if I had space constraints (should do 4 2.5gal kegs with the big sodastream cannister).

Disclaimer - I havn't used one of these.

Supposedly you can dispense a 5 gal. keg with 2 of the little cartridges, so 1 should do for 2.5 gal. I don't think force carbonation would be practical and maybe not even possible. The company that sells the plastic CO2 charger says you have to prime the old fashioned way because the charger won't force carb a keg. That's OK by me for now.

I'll look into the Sodastream, thanks for the tip.

sodastream is what i started with, worked well enough but got pricey refilling them so i upgraded and will hopefully pay for itself within a year or so.

Latest posts

Back