Mini Brew Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctkevin

Reaction score
Someone I know who owns a restaurant, and who is a beer fan, is interested in serving his own beer at his restaurant. He stumbled across this site:

www.addabrewpub.com

and asked me for my opinion. I was wondering what the HBT community thought of a system like this. Has anyone tasted any of the beer from one of these? My initial opinion was that the extract would be too expensive, it lacks flexability, and the aging period is no adequate. Anyone have any other opinions?

ctkevin said:
Someone I know who owns a restaurant, and who is a beer fan, is interested in serving his own beer at his restaurant. He stumbled across this site:

www.addabrewpub.com

and asked me for my opinion. I was wondering what the HBT community thought of a system like this. Has anyone tasted any of the beer from one of these? My initial opinion was that the extract would be too expensive, it lacks flexability, and the aging period is no adequate. Anyone have any other opinions?
It's a Malt extract brewing system....If I found out a brew pub was brewing with someone else's Malt Extract, I would never go there again.

Looks like it would be perfect for someone who wanted to open a bar called "The Mr. Beer Pub"

It's the most simple form of extract brewing, scaled up for profit. How can anyone excited about the idea of a brewpub be interested in a system that advertises "no brewer/brewmaster needed"?

The least attractive aspect of that system is being tied into using their recipes and materials, and with no way to try out or invent new recipes. What if you get all that equipment and then find out their pale ale sucks?

my thoughts exactly. No control over what you can make and certainly limited. not to mention that the beer wont have that taste you and only you want. But if youi want to have a fake brew pub and for very cheap.

what ever floats your boat...this doesnt do it for me

McBrew Pub

How is this better than buying quality beer from a local microbrew? That would probably be less expensive in the long run, and you would have a better product on tap.

I give a big thumbs down.

There are many craft breweries that work with extract. It isn't all that unusual in cities were floor space is expensive. I have done side-by-side tastings of extract & all grain batches from several breweries that do both and there is absolutely no difference. The key is fresh extract, which is much less of a problem for commercial brewers than for homebrewers. In all cases I've seen, the breweries are doing full boils and adding their own hops.

Off-hand, I don't know anyone who uses that specific system. It looks like they supply pre-hopped extracts (30 minute mixing time).

THAT is a fail in my mind.

Back