Milwaukee bar suggestion before Brewers game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadiBrewer

Reaction score
I'm heading to Milwaukee next weekend as a solo side trip from Chicago to check out a Brewers game. I want to hang out at a local bar before the game and then shuttle to the game from there. Anyone have a suggestion as to which bar would give me the best Milwaukee experience?

Well, The Safehouse is s cool bar. Kinda overpriced, but if you're into espionage stuff at all, worth it! Knowing the password (my lips are sealed) is helpful to get in, but not required. You just have to gain entry through...different means!

There is a lot to choose from. The Bayview neighborhood has a lot of the craft beer bars on or near KK Ave. Sugar Maple, Burnharts, Stone, Highbury, and Central Cafe come to mind. Brady Street is another popular bar street and can be a fun way to kill some time drinking, eating, and shopping. E. North Ave. has quite a few sport bars. BBC, Hooligans, Hotel Foster, and Von Trier all share the intersection of North & Farwell. If you want to stay closer to the stadium, Bluemound Rd and Viliet St bars run shuttles to the stadium: Rounding Third, O'Brians, Steve's on Bluemound, and Kelly's Bleachers are good. S. 2nd Street has MKE Brewing Co, hipster bars, LGBT bars, and sports bars. Commerce St. area (Near E. North Ave. bars) has Lakefront Brewery, Stubbys Gastropub, and Bel-Air. If you want more options, just ask but this list should keep you busy on google and yelp for a bit.

EDIT: Water St and Old World 3rd St. are packed with bars too.

Back