Mill question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johns

Reaction score
I am disappointed with my barley crusher. After about 16 months one roller is sticking and I don’t understand why. Also, I have only used it if about 8 of those months, because last year was rough for me. I have taken it apart to clean out the gunk on the side of the rollers with no luck.

So, now I am thinking about a JSP Maltmill with all the bells and whistles, or the the Crankenstien 328d. My question is, if given the choice which one would you buy. I like the Maltmill because its geared and I really don’t want to deal with rollers that don’t spin anymore. On the other hand there is only 2 two rollers. The crankinstien has three rollers but is not geared. Does three roller models really have that good of a crush? If you had about 300 dollars to spend which one would you buy or maybe there is another mill that would be recommended for this price. I want my next mill to last at least 5 years.

Back