Middle age crazy in FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorDad

Reaction score
Hi. The last kid moved out last fall (off to UF) so we're empty nesters. With all this extra space (and much less mess) we decided to make a New Year's resolution: brew at least one batch of beer. We did that on Jan 6, and we're brewing batch #7 this weekend. :)

Our first batch was a Bass Ale clone - I don't like Bass Ale, but the clone was fantastic. We then brewed up a Doube IPA called Turmoil (clone of Stone Mountain Ruination). Fantastic. Over the top fantastic. We were hooked once we tasted that stuff. Wow. Why did I wait until 50 to try this!!!

We have a modified batch of the Bass clone (substituted Northern Brewer for Columbus) in secondary which will be kegged today, and a batch of a Red Eye clone that was put into secondary yesterday.

I also made a keezer this past week, but after looking around here, there's nothing special about it. Your basic 9.0 with a cedar riser and a A419 to run it. I wish I had found this place before I built it (saved a few errors), but mine came out very close to others here, so, at least I can comfort myself with the thought: "great minds think alike". :)

Have fun with it. Sounds like your off to a really good start by paying attention to ferm temps and whatnot. Good luck

I'm a native - grew up in Valrico and Plant City. If you're a "Brandonite" you'll know about the old man (in Valrico; Skywood drive) with the tree growing through the middle of his house. That was grandpa. :)

And welcome from Valrico! Middle aged crazy here, too.

Back