• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

10 gallon HERMS System for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak_brews

Reaction score
I have available my complete home brewing setup! We are moving and unfortunately will not be able to take the system with us. It is almost an exact clone of the Kal's system from The Electric Brewery. It comes complete with the hot side, cold side, and homemade kegerator and every other little accessory that I have for it. I have well over $15k invested into the set up and it is an absolute dream to brew on. It has been just over two years since it was built and only has a dozen or less batches through it. The highest quality parts were used to ensure a longevity, but more importantly, a lot of these pieces you can find at a local shop if they ever wore out.

The hot side is controlled by a "The Electric Brewery" 50-amp control panel and consists of three 20-gallon Blichmann G2 kettles, two 5500 watt heating elements, two center outlet stainless steel March pumps, counterflow chiller and all the hoses you will need to move wort thru the system and into your fermenters. You will need a 50-amp outlet to power this beast but the great news is, it heats up water and wort crazy fast! The clarity of the wort that this setup achieves is incredible.

The cold side consists of two Spike Brewing CF10 conicles with temp control packages and a Penguin 1/3hp chiller. It does an incredible job holding whatever temperature you set your fermenters at. They can also be pressurized up to around 15psi and I have a CO2 regulator and tank specifically for use on the cold side as well as the closed transfer accessories from Spike. I also have two SS Brewtech Brew Buckets, 7 gallons each, that are nice for smaller batches or splitting a larger batch and playing with different variables.

The kegerator is a ~17 cu. ft. freezer that was bought new for the build and the collar is homemade out of oak and houses 8 taps. There are 6 Perlick 630SS faucets and 2 SS nitro faucets. I have 16 corny kegs available, primary CO2 tank regulator, a 6-body secondary CO2 regulator, an additional secondary 4-body regulator that's never been used (I intended to have it set up for fermentation but never got around to it), a dual nitrogen regulator/tank, and it is controlled by an Ink Bird controller.

***Cold side and kegerator are currently pending sale***

The 8' stainless steel tables will also be included along with a yeast start stir plate, pH meter, grain storage containers (and whatever grain is left), cleaning solution pump and accessories, and anything else I can find related to brewing.

This system is pretty incredible once you have it all set up in your house and will provide years of enjoyment for its next owner. I built it to be used as a home brewing setup but it would also make for a pretty awesome pilot system for a brewery. I would prefer to keep the whole thing together but would consider splitting up in to packages for hot, cold, and serving if needed.

Price is $12k, OBO, I will at least entertain reasonable offers. This may seem insane to many but if you were to piece it together with the same components you'd be looking at paying north of $15,000... Lastly, looking for buyer to pick up (bring helpers and a truck) as there is no good way to ship all this and still get to you in one piece. Located near Madison, WI. Cash would also be the preferred payment method.

I have this posted in several different places so there is a chance some things sell individually. If you're interested please reach out!

I have attached attached a link below to some pictures but if you need more of something in particular please let me know and I will get them to you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yh7DP4FnUEExme43A
Thanks for checking it out!

Alex

Last edited:
Back