Midas Touch Clone No Carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worthog82

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of midas touch following this exactly:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f78/dog-fish-head-midas-touch-71861/

I cracked one after ten days in the bottle and absolutely no carbonation. I waited three weeks thinking it needed more time....same thing totally flat. Not one bubble. Any ideas what went wrong? The bottles have been stored in 72 - 76 degree temperature. Am I stuck with flat beer?

how old was the yeast, how much priming sugar did you use, was it spread evenly throughout the beer? Did you filter the beer? with a very small micron?

I used 5 oz priming sugar to 12 oz of water. The yeast I used was from northern brewer and was kind of warm when I received it, but I made a 1L starter and fermentation went fine. I gave the beer a light stir every 8 bottles or so when bottling. I did not filter the beer. One thing I noticed is there's very little yeast pack on the bottom of the bottles.

It took my 2-3 months to carb my imperial Stout with a similar OG. Give it some more time, that's a pretty big beer

Latest posts

Back