Michigan LHS: Where are they?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cylered16

Reaction score
Hey, this goes out to everyone living in Michigan (preferably in the Southeast region - Ann Arbor). Where are all the local homebrew supply shops at? I'd appreciate any help because I'm paying an arm/leg at Midwest Supplies for shipping.

Also, if anyone knows of some good, reliable online supply shops besides Midwest Supplies let me know.

I go to Hopman's in Waterford. Little bit of a drive to get there from AA, though. I think Ypsi has a small store, but I couldn't tell you the name or anything about their inventory.

Two that I know of....

First: Michigan Brewing Company. It's in Stockbridge or Webberville (I never know what city I'm "in" when I'm there). Great big supply, good help, prices decent.

Second: YouBrew. It in Ypsilanti. They've got a decent supply and the prices are a touch better than MBC, but the help just isn't there.

So if you know exactly what you want and are in and out, go to YouBrew (it's on Washtenaw right about where it splits near EMU campus). If you'd rather have some help or direction or like to spend time talking with the guys behind the counter, MBC is better.

Good luck

If you go to the michigan mashers side of this forum, we have discussed it there, in fact IIRC we listed them...but theres a thread called "who's you lhbs" and we talk about the ones we use.

Things Beer in weberville. It is inside of michigan brewing co. It is on highview drive. It is right of I-96 and M-52. It is a nice place, their grain prices are cheap 35.00 for a sack of breiss 2-row pale malt.

From you location in AA, I'd recommend Adventures in Homebrewing. They're just a bit down 94 east, take the Telegraph exit North, turn right at the first light and it is on the right hand side of the road. Very good selection of everything from equipment to ingredients.

Red Salamander, Cap n Cork, are also good. There are a lot of good HBS in Michigan, just look a little bit and you will find them.

Latest posts

Back